For those of you who know and like matchlists...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IntlMD07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's a very impressive list- a ton of radiology and anesthesiology, and a few derm, optho, , urology and otolarynology. I am not knowledgeable about the quality of the programs these folks got into, but just getting some of these residencies is quite an accomplishment. it did seem like a lot of the residencies were at Tulane, so it looks like it might not be as easy to get a competitive residency anywhere you want, but that may be the case at most schools.

Thank you for your input! I was also impressed and surprised at the quality of the list. I think a lot of the people stay because by the time they graduate they are already established in NO, i.e. families etc... On the quality of the programs, Harvard affiliates, Mayo, HUP and UCSF are impressively good programs, I wonder if those students were MD/PhDs or other dual degree candidates...

I'm sure a fair amount of them are MD/MPH, since you can do it at Tulane in 4 years and all med students are eligible. i may be wrong, but i think they said that usually either 30 people or 30%(can't remember which) of the class ends up getting the dual degree