Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

For those of you who took MCAT Prep Course

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WonderBoy, Oct 23, 2001.

1. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey guys,

Hope you can help me with this one. I recently started attending the Princeton Review MCAT course. I was hoping to take it in April 2002. My question is for those who have taken these types of courses. Did you guys go along with the class? Or did you go over the material yourself more than one time.
    Since I am a non science major, I really need to work on my science sections more than the verbal. So should I go over the science review books myself in addition to what is covered in class? Or should i just keep up with the class?
    What worked for you? How did you guys score? If you could give any additional info about how I could make taking TPR more fruitful please do include that.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chnobli

Chnobli Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Imago,

I took Princeton Review twice. The fist time I read the science review and did all the practice sections they gave us. The second time I took the class, I did not reread the review, but instead did all the practice sections as well as all other available tests I could get my hands on (I only looked at the review book when I had questions about something)!

My scores improved, so I recommend that you take as many MCAT's as possible, I believe that is the trick!

First time scores: B8, P8
    Second time scores: B11, P11

Hope this helps!
    :D :D :D :D :D

4. teapot16

teapot16 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sup,

I took TPR as well and did fairly well in the science sections (14P, 13B). I thought the classes were helpful but what helped me the most was studying out of class. I still think I could have performed well without the class, but not as good. I just used the class to reinforce what I know and to ask questions. The hyperlearning science book that they gave me was good but if you have enough time, the red kaplan book is also good. Try finishing all the practice passages that they will give you, there's a lot of them. I finished all of them by spring break and took practice exams up to the real thing. That's what's important, PRACTICE!!! That's all I got 4 now.