• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

GDwood

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
I have a question for those of you who wrote the Candian DAT in november 2006 and in Feb 2007. Did u guys find the feb DAT harder than the previous one? because i found RC extremely hard. Unlike the last year's DAT, you actually have to understand each passage instead of trying to locate exact sentences in the passage. I felt like my life was over after that test. I just hope i am not the only with problems like this.

S.S

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I found it to be much harder then the previous one as well. I found the science part to be a bit more challenging and the definitely the Reading part was harder.

GDwood

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
and btw where did u write? in toronto? or somewhere else in Canada? cuz i noticed that there were a lot less people who came to write in feb compared to last year. I wrote in Toronto ( U of T) btw. Do u think ppl already know the DAT is harder in feb? or is it just me ?

S.S

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I too wrote it in Toronto. I did notice that there were a lot less people writing it. I sort of had a feeling it would be harder in Feb, since a lot of people would be retaking it. I also noticed that this time most students were in their third year, whereas in November there were a lot of students in their fourth year as well, and so more people wrote it in November b/c they would be able to apply to dental schools for the 2007 admission.

About the Ads

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
yeah, I wrote the Feb and Nov DAT, and the Feb one is definitely harder than the Nov one.

Do you know if the scores are scaled if for some reason most of ppl did horrible on the RC?

GDwood

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
i c. i feel sort of relieved that i am not the only one who found it harder. One thing i don't understand is although i know they standardize scores, shouldn't the level of difficulty consistant? so that way it is fair for everyone ?
and which section did u guys find most difficult? I found the RC most difficult out of all sections compared to the nov. one.

S.S

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I thought the RC section was difficult too. I hate it when they don't include any medical science passages. I ended up guessing a lot of the answers, and it's sad b/c the only reason I rewrote the DAT was to raise my RC score :(

Dreaming

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Status (Visible)
i do and please instead of trying to find someone's errors if you wanna call it that way, do something productive with ur time

He wasn't trying to find fault with you. In the US they all say "take" and here in Canada we all say "write"

Cultural thing I guess.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.