for those of you with low GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alyssa21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know that a low GPA can be overcome! I had a GPA of 3.3 and I've had 4 interviews and 1 acceptance so far! So just keep believing and it will all work out. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations Alyssa! You are an inspiration to all the people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, Immediatespring has a point. If the major is hard, then low GPA is acceptable. On the other hand if the major is perceived as an easy one, low GPA will not be acceptable. What I mean is all GPAs are not created equal.

Is Computer Science considered a hard major? How do you know schools give more credit to applicants with hard majors?
j-rod

j-rod,

Like anything else, this hard/easy major has a subjective aspect to it. It all depends on the general perception and the specific ideas of Adcom members. But I think somehow, science based majors are considered hard as against arts(I am not expressing my views).

Linus you're up late man. I just got off work and its 1219 am here. This board can get addicing.
the j-rod

Ha, my mistake. Dr.Linus is just a little ambiguous, and 'man' is an automatic reflex when reffering to anyone; i do the the same thing to girls too.
:cool:
the jrod

J-rod,

It's alright. I know what you mean by this board getting addictive. I guess, we pre-meds don't have any other life.

i'm a cognitive science major. not really sure that is considered hard though.

Heh, cognitive science? Is that a fancy way of saying you're a psych major?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Ryo-Ohki
Heh, cognitive science? Is that a fancy way of saying you're a psych major?
Hey! Psych majors are the best ones out there!;)

Ryo-Ohki, cognitive science is a subset of psych that is mainly concerned with explaining how the "mind" functions and how it functions with the brain.

With some of the hottest co-eds! ;-)

Originally posted by FutureM.D.
Hey! Psych majors are the best ones out there!;)

One of the many reasons I am psychobio ;)

I agree, uclachris.:love:

Alyssa21 is right! I thought that with my undergrad GPA (3.14) I would have a hard time getting into some of the better schools. So far, I've been accepted to Vandy and GWU, and have interviews at 2 CA schools. The bottom line is, never give up!

can you guys also post your MCATS cause a 35 and 3.3 is different from 2o's and 3.3

Did anyone notice where bioguy's interview was....Harvard! Good for him, but damn he must have had high thirties to offset that GPA...what we need is someone to say, yeah I got an interview from decent schools with a 3.2 GPA and 28 MCAT, that would put some people's minds to rest:eek:

Yes, Please post your MCATs. Also, which school and major you are from. I think School and major matter.

Hope it works for me