For those of you with Pocket PC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often do you use it? What brand you would recommend/not recommend? What do you really use it for?

This is mostly geared towards WSU students, but I want some overall suggestions from people who may have them.

Members don't see this ad.

I use it to do qbank questions or look at lectures when Im in the airport or when Im stuck somewhere and I dont want to carry books or a laptop. I got the Dell X5. Wish i had a better pocket pc with wireless internet though.

later

Dell x50...best device out there for the dollar

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI... i figured out a way to run the pocket PC OS in windows xp, that i will be able to do that stuff on my laptop/ home compter during the first 2 years that you can only do on the PDA... at least this is the plan initially. it did take some time to setup and probably about a gig of space (you have to download some extra programing stuff), but if you are interested, just PM me.

Palm Tungsten T3 user here. Use it to read pdf files and lecture notes

I have an HP. I dont use it as much as I thought I would. In fact I can get by very easily without it (we have tons of computers around). If I hadnt used it so much studying for Boards (Flash-it) I probably wouldnt buy it if I had it to do over again. They make so many small books that you dont really need a PDA.

Since they won't be required, I wouldn't worry about getting one.

i have a compaq ipaq that i use obsessively for scheduling purposes....so I've had it since I graduated high school--yes wireless internet would be nice on it...But that's what my new light laptop is for :)

The letter I got said that it was still a requirement. :confused:

ddmoore54 said:
Since they won't be required, I wouldn't worry about getting one.