For Those Still Waiting For Tufts or BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redsox781

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm fairly new here, and I was just wondering if anyone who is waiting for a response from BU or Tufts has heard anything new from them recently. I'm starting to fear the worst but I'm hanging in there. No interviews yet :rolleyes: and they've had my file completed for a couple of months....Anyone else in the same boat here?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i haven't heard anything from Tufts or BU either

I haven't heard anything either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
You're not alone. I haven't heard anything either - my app has been complete since July/ August

Boston sent me an invitation for an interview by email 2 weeks ago. The earliest date they had for me was March 23rd!!! I said yes, but I may withdraw since it's so late.

I actually interviewed with tufts 2 weeks ago and got a acceptance yesterday. I interviewed w/ bu on friday, but haven't heard from them yet. They are interviewing a lot, but a call doesn't hurt. sometimes calling the school will get you an interview. ;)

I JUST got an interview from Tufts.

This is going to be my 4th interview. So far I've been waitlisted at one and no response from the other two. I'm so nervous!

So far I haven't heard anything from either school. been over 6 months now. Dont know whats up but i've about given up on em.

I just posted this morning about not hearing anything adn started this thread and later on today, I actually heard from Tufts! They offered me an interview for Feb 2nd which is great. I was losing hope too. So for the rest of you guys I'm sure you'll get something soon. I still didn't hear from BU yet.

i interviewed there last week, and was accepted on friday nightish via aadsas update. the adcom meets every two weeks to decide on acceptances/waitlists/rejections. the last meeting was this past thursday, so the next one will be not this thursday but the next, whatever that date is, and so on until the class fills. when i interviewed, they had already filled up 77 seats and given out 135 acceptances, im sure there have been more acceptances since those statistics were given to my interview group. also there has already been about 4100 applicants at tufts this year. pm me if you have any more questions, i wrote a lot of stuff down at my interview

Just got my interview invite today. My impression is that Tufts still has many seats to fill.

when i interviewed, they had already filled up 77 seats and given out 135 acceptances, im sure there have been more acceptances since those statistics were given to my interview group.

They may well have filled 77 seats, but ... on a positive note for applicants ... a few of these seats could potentially become free again. Not everyone who has put down a deposit will be attending ... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to both but haven't received any info on interview.
I applied during July/August.

I still havent heard anything from either and i applied to both in august....i really want to here from them i love both schools!

hey, I got an interview invite yesturday.

For ppl heading there on feb 13th.....where are u guy staying? wheres the cheapest hotel/motel? Ill be flying in from Buffalo (im from toronto).

and does anyone know how many ppl are interviewed each day?

thanks!

i'm in the same boat, application has been complete since august and still no word, except that i'm in review, at least that's what is says on aadsas.

Yep, Tufts has filled 87 out of 165 seats, and they've sent out a batch of acceptances last Friday that they haven't gotten deposits for. So more seats will fill, but of course some will open up as well. They also said they will be interviewing solely for the waitlist in a few weeks...

hey mila I have an interview date in about two weeks, I hope it's for an open seat and not a wait list..just curious when did you hear about tufts sending out interviews for the wait list?

hey mila I have an interview date in about two weeks, I hope it's for an open seat and not a wait list..just curious when did you hear about tufts sending out interviews for the wait list?

I heard this past week at my interview - One thing I really liked about them, is that they're very open with numbers like that - one of the first things they tell you. Either way, you should be fine for your interview in two weeks - that's the impression I got anyways. I have a feeling that they're also open enough to tell you straight out if you're interviewing for the waitlist (which btw, isn't the worst thing in the world... a lot of people get pulled off waitlists from what I hear). Good luck at your interview!!

thanks mila I'll need it, how was the interview like anything that I should be aware of?

Just got my BU interview date (mid March)... and I applied quite late- some time in October.

thanks mila I'll need it, how was the interview like anything that I should be aware of?

The interview was incredibly laid back - probably the most comfortable interview I've ever had in my life (for anything). However, I have heard of cases where they ask some of the more "difficult" questions --> look on interview feedback for that, it's all listed. Nothing else really to be aware of, except if you're flying in, take the T instead of cab. It only takes about 15 minutes and it is very easy (and of course much cheaper)...

I've an interview with Tufts on the 26th of Feb. From your stats I don't feel very optimistic about getting in get all. Another thing though is that I was wondering if you know what would be some distinguishing characteristics of Tufts as compared to, say BU. I know everyone says it has great clinical facilities etc. But is there anything else about it that's uniquely Tufts? I just need some advice ...oh and they gave me the invitation so close to the interview date that I won't even get that 175 pg booklet. Any advice is appreciated. =)