For those still waiting : is there hope???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to congratulate all those people who have recieved acceptances so far! Good job, you all deserve it!!!!

Now that leaves the rest of us who have had almost none to a few interviews, who have been waitlisted, etc. Is there still
hope??

I have been anxious and frustrated for months ( as many of you may know from reading my posts). Rejection from CCOM, waitlist at AZCOM, and interview at TUCOM on 11/4. I dont know where I am going wrong. MCAT is 9BS, 8VR, 8PS, WS-P (Aug. 2002).
Science GPA 3.08 (postbaac+undergrad, upward trend), overall is 3.41. Masters in Public Health, research, work experience. Files complete since mid-July.

Anyway have any advice for me????

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you. We'll be interviewing together at TUCOM on the fourth. Let's just relax and see what happens there. TUCOM has a pretty good turnaround as far as decisions go. So we should know before Thanksgiving whether we're in there or not.

Russell

How many schools did you apply to? Also, you mentioned work experience, is that clinical or something else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you're going through. I have somewhat similar stats.

I've been put as an alternate at Western and currently waiting to hear from Touro (very nervous). And the only other school i've applied to is NYCOM. I"m not sure when they're going to contact people and set up interviews.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end! Hang in there! (I need to listen to my own advice..haha).

Oh yeah..forgot to mention my Touro interview experience.

It's pretty relaxed..i really enjoyed the environment and the campus wasn't as far away from downtown San Francisco as I thought (i'm a city guy, so that's sort of important to me)

As for the interview...my panel was awesome, all the four of them (1 DO, 2 Basic science profs, 1 student representative) went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They were even joking around a little. I got asked basic questions like: Why do you want to be a doctor? What specialty would you like to pursue? Tell me about your clinical experience.

They're great over there. It's moved up to my top choice now. Just be yourself and be confident. Also review your entire file.

Good luck!! Keep us posted!