For those taking Kaplan, Are you buying any AAMC tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danimastani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am just wondering if Kaplan has all the AAMC tests that AMCAS has or just 1-6? Do we have to buy from 7-11 or so on our own?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

don't know what kaplan has, but aamc only has 7 tests...7 just came out and is $40 from aamc.org

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't think my kaplan site that the updated versions of the aamc tests, but i just did the older versions and they were fine.

mine has I and II (the old ones, probably hard to find anywhere else) and 3 and 4 that aren't revised (3R is free on the internet though) and they have 5R and 6R. So really the only one I don't have access to is 4r and 7r. I'm planning on getting 7, but I'll just do the old version of 4.

Hi willthatsall,

Are you ok with the plastic copies of all the AAMC? If so, what do you do to get around it? Because I don't like the idea of spending hours erasing the blue ink.

Thanks,

danimastani said:
Hi willthatsall,

Are you ok with the plastic copies of all the AAMC? If so, what do you do to get around it? Because I don't like the idea of spending hours erasing the blue ink.

Thanks,

Yeah, the plastic sucks, especially when the person that used it before you didn't erase anything. I usually just take a notebook and use it as scratch paper. I guess it's not as realistic as if you were writing on the test like you would be on the real MCAT, but I don't see how writing on plastic with a big blue marker and then switching to a pencil to fill in your answers is realistic either.