For those taking on April 18th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrmandrake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So what are you guys doing this last week leading up to the test? Here's what I'm doing and bringing:

Tuesday: content review for sciences
Wednesday: drive out to the testing center so I don't get lost on Friday, take AAMC10
Thursday: light content review, try to sleep more than 6 hours
Friday: get my butt up at 545am and be on my A game for the test, I usually get up around 8am so I'm hoping adrenline will kick in and keep me awake

Stuff I'm bringing:
-Driver's license
-earplugs
-Gatorade
-trail mix
-aspirin
-that 8 roll premade sushi pack, pop 2 rolls in my mouth on breaks

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you're allowed to use your own earplugs during the MCAT, just those uncomfortable headphones they supply.

Remember the sushi is going to be unrefrigerated while you're there... I would only bring a veggie roll if you're going to go that route.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my final practice today. Gonna do a little light review today, full review tomorrow, look at the writing section thursday and maybe do a few of those, also drive to the center. Get a good night's rest (yea right!) and wake up at about 6:30 friday morning. The place is about 10 minutes from my house. I'll eat 2 cliff bars in the morning and take 1 with in case i get hungry. Also probably gonna just drink water in the breaks and make SURE that I go the the bathroom during every break even if I don't need to.

I don't think you're allowed to use your own earplugs during the MCAT, just those uncomfortable headphones they supply.

Remember the sushi is going to be unrefrigerated while you're there... I would only bring a veggie roll if you're going to go that route.

I heard some places allow you to bring your own earplugs but I checked with my center today and they dont.

Regarding the sushi, I am hoping it will be ok sitting in the lockers (the locker room was cool in temperature) for the 4 hours I will be eating it. If I get the runs it will be after my test and it shouldn't matter at that point :)