For those that have taken AAMC assessment...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much do you think they prepped you for your real MCAT? Do you think the ratio of easy/medium/difficult questions was spot on?

Members don't see this ad.

How much do you think they prepped you for your real MCAT? Do you think the ratio of easy/medium/difficult questions was spot on?

What are you waiting for? For someone to say yes take them...for you to take them?

They are additional practice material FROM THE AAMC, THE ONLY SOURCE THAT MATTERS. And the assessments are comprised of AAMC 6 + excess passages from 3R-9R. Don't believe me? I have AAMC 6 and the passages in the assessment are THE SAME.

Reactions: 1 users
Its good practice, but for sure you need to do AAMC FLs to get a real idea.

The % on SA doesnt really matter, since its not a real exam timing or breakdown, or scenario etc.

My % on VR SA was 83 or 85% and i've been scoring 10/11 on VR on AAMC FLs. So it is good practice for sure.

Though, i should have reviewed my VR FL answers :( No time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the entire organic chemistry, biology and physics sections and only part of the VR section. I think that they were slightly helpful, but maybe not fully indicative of where your actual weaknesses (aside from giant, glaring ones) and strengths are since only a few questions from each sub-topic are asked. Although they were only slightly helpful for me, I can see how they could be more helpful for others. If I had to do only one section it would definitely be the verbal since this is the best practice for this section outside of the AAMC FL's. But, pace yourself for the VR SA and use it more as an additional practice source rather than one giant exam.