1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

For those that have taken AAMC assessment...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by yanks26dmb, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. yanks26dmb

yanks26dmb 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How much do you think they prepped you for your real MCAT? Do you think the ratio of easy/medium/difficult questions was spot on?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    Moving to MCAT discussions

4. Blown Away

Blown Away 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What are you waiting for? For someone to say yes take them...for you to take them?

They are additional practice material FROM THE AAMC, THE ONLY SOURCE THAT MATTERS. And the assessments are comprised of AAMC 6 + excess passages from 3R-9R. Don't believe me? I have AAMC 6 and the passages in the assessment are THE SAME.

TheAnonymous and WesternRedCedar like this.
  5. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    Its good practice, but for sure you need to do AAMC FLs to get a real idea.

The % on SA doesnt really matter, since its not a real exam timing or breakdown, or scenario etc.

My % on VR SA was 83 or 85% and i've been scoring 10/11 on VR on AAMC FLs. So it is good practice for sure.

Though, i should have reviewed my VR FL answers :( No time.

6. yanks26dmb

yanks26dmb 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've already taken them. I'm wondering what people's opinions on then are.

7. GodComplex

GodComplex 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I did the entire organic chemistry, biology and physics sections and only part of the VR section. I think that they were slightly helpful, but maybe not fully indicative of where your actual weaknesses (aside from giant, glaring ones) and strengths are since only a few questions from each sub-topic are asked. Although they were only slightly helpful for me, I can see how they could be more helpful for others. If I had to do only one section it would definitely be the verbal since this is the best practice for this section outside of the AAMC FL's. But, pace yourself for the VR SA and use it more as an additional practice source rather than one giant exam.

8. Person0715

Person0715 Socially awkward 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    The VR SA is great for practicing pacing. Plus, they come directly from the AAMC.

9. Mad Jack

Mad Jack Critically Caring Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    The full length assessments are the most accurate indicator of your final MCAT performance. I will say my actual MCAT verbal felt longer, but still scored the same.

About the ads