For those that interviewed at Umiami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfsup

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Dr. Hinkley call if they waitlist or reject you, or is it just for acceptances? Anyone get a acceptance without the phone call? Any info is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

There was an earlier thread on this topic... I believe people who interviewed in Sept. all ended up receiving an email in Oct. instead of a phone call from Dr. Hinkley, regardless of whether they were accepted/waitlisted/rejected. I think he tries to call if he has time, but don't be surprised if you get an email instead. I'm waiting for the call or the email on the 19th myself and keeping my fingers crossed!!

I was actually going to ask about this as well. On my interview day (10/17), he said he would call us on November 5th (if not, on the 6th) and let us know the decision. No call from him yesterday, hopefully I'll get one today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SachinG,

I interviewed on the same day. Not really sure who you are (kinda sad since there was only like 10 people interviewing that day). I was also expecting something yesterday but no word either. I was kinda worried it meant a rejection but now maybe not. Good luck to you and I'll hollar back if/when I get a response.

Originally posted by SachinG [/i]
I was actually going to ask about this as well. On my interview day (10/17), he said he would call us on November 5th (if not, on the 6th) and let us know the decision. No call from him yesterday, hopefully I'll get one today.

hey guys,

yeah i wouldn't read too much into not getting a phone call when dr hinkley said he would....kiernin is right -- i interviewed in mid-sept, and he said he'd call us by oct 22.....i was so anxious when i didn't hear anything that night and was worried that it meant bad news, but then he ended up emailing decisions on oct 23 instead....

so try not to freak out too much (even though i was doing the same thing too!) good luck!

As some of you know, I'm pretty high on Miami...but I'm kind of confused about something now. Did Hinkley say anything about out-of-staters numbers? Last year they took 35, but their webpage says somewhere that 35 is the max. I heard that they were gradually going up to 50% out of state...did y'all hear anything about this at the interview?

Also, do they have merit scholarships? That out-of-state tuition seems kind of steep...

And what's up with their grading system...can someone explain it?

Did anyone get a call tonight from Dr. Hinkley? I didn't get one and I interviewed on Nov 21. I heard some people get emails the next morning, hope that's the case!!!

I interviewed 10/17 and received an email 11/19 telling me Dr. Hinkley was sorry he couldn't call but I could go to the following email address to check my status:

www.mededu.miami.edu/Admissions/statustrack

I'm sure there's nothing to see until they inform you that there is, but just in case you guys want to check out the site, I thought I'd share. :) BTW, even after the long wait, I had good news!

Thanks for posting that link... I've been looking for it in my notes since I interviewed there. Hopefully "final balloting" means I'll hear something in the next several weeks. Fingers crossed!

Yes, don't listen when he says phone call, just wait for an email about a week or two after his estimated date so you don't get anxious.