for those that sent lor's straight to d-schl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plaqueman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you sent them to the same address that were suppose to send our fees to, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Plaqueman said:
I was wondering if you sent them to the same address that were suppose to send our fees to, thanks

First check with the schools and make sure they allow you to do this. Some schools want LORs from AADSAS. and yes you send LORs to the same place as your supplemental stuff.

tinman831 said:
First check with the schools and make sure they allow you to do this. Some schools want LORs from AADSAS. and yes you send LORs to the same place as your supplemental stuff.

so last night, I emailed all 17 schools asking them if I can send them lor's from my undergrad. i really hope i dont have to go through aadsas, thanks for your reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Plaqueman said:
so last night, I emailed all 17 schools asking them if I can send them lor's from my undergrad. i really hope i dont have to go through aadsas, thanks for your reply

I did the same thing w/out asking the schools. Maybe I made a bad decision, keep updating this post to let us know the responses from the schools.

i also sent my LOR to all the schools w/o asking them in advance. i guess i'l email them tonite.

tinman831 said:

hey Tinman, do you have any examples of which schools? my school has a LOR service, basically they collect all my LORs and when once i pay the shipping fee, they send them off. is their a site that specifies, or is emailing/calling the schools our only option? thanx.

Envision said:
hey Tinman, do you have any examples of which schools? my school has a LOR service, basically they collect all my LORs and when once i pay the shipping fee, they send them off. is their a site that specifies, or is emailing/calling the schools our only option? thanx.

The easiest way would just be to check each school's website. The application procedures sections all have info about LORs.

SayitIsntSO said:
I did the same thing w/out asking the schools. Maybe I made a bad decision, keep updating this post to let us know the responses from the schools.

of the few schools that responded, columbia wants it sent through aadsas. how long will it take if i send my lor's tomorrow for it to get posted on aadsas?

What's so bad about AADSAS?? It worked great for me last year.

So like, i already sent my LOR to my schools. If i go through aadsas now, does that mean they will send my LORs out to all my schools again? is there anyway i can ask them to just sent them selected schools, such as Columbia? thanx

So like, i already sent my LOR to my schools. If i go through aadsas now, does that mean they will send my LORs out to all my schools again? is there anyway i can ask them to just send them to selected schools, such as Columbia? thanx

if we send it through AADSAS, how many years will AADSAS keep our LOR in our file?

and do we have to send our LOR through AADSAS or can we send it through our undergrad school even if the d-school says send to AADSAS?

Envision said:
So like, i already sent my LOR to my schools. If i go through aadsas now, does that mean they will send my LORs out to all my schools again? is there anyway i can ask them to just sent them selected schools, such as Columbia? thanx

i have the same exact question, hopefully some1 responds

Plaqueman said:
of the few schools that responded, columbia wants it sent through aadsas. how long will it take if i send my lor's tomorrow for it to get posted on aadsas?

do you know the answer to this question?: my prehealth committee is sending my LORs to the schools directly. i checked off the whole privacy policy box(i'm not allowed to see the letters)....any ideas on that situation?

my advisor says she has never had trouble with schools requiring the LORs/committee letter going straight to the schools. She has been doing pre-health for 15 years now so I'll take her word for it. Unless the school SPECIFICALLY says we will NOT accept LORs directly from any source other than AADSAS, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hey guys, i called Columbia and asked her about the LOR. she says its fine if my school sends it instead of aadsas, so i guess we're ok.

If they didn't want us to do it, our pre-health offices wouldn't send them...they want us to get in.

Envision said:

Hey. I sent out my LORs through the UCI Bio office like you this year and last year, and dental schools are fine with it. I think the only problem I had last year was UNC, but they ended up being okay with it, so you're good to go.