For those that took AAMC 1&2...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did your scores compare to the real thing or to the other AAMC tests.

I know it is said that they are much easier than the real thing, but how much so?

How much higher did you score on 1&2 than on the other ones?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 1,2,3 are an utter joke, I scored way higher on them than I did the more modern tests. If you want a good barometer of what you might score, AAMC 4,5,6 are very good, and the avg of those three predicted my score (as well as that of others).

The MCAT has gotten a lot harder since AAMC 1,2,3, so its worth your while to skip out on those and work through Kap/TPR tests and AAMC 4-5-6

If you take Practice Test 1 & 2 and get less than a 35, be ready to be really sad when you take the real thing! (<30)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah 1-3 were WAY too easy...

I think I did 5 and 6 too and 6 was comparable to my real score which was 30.... on practice test 5 I got lucky and got a 35 so that one might be a bit easier too.

They're good for practicing timing. I did get the same score as I did on the real MCAT, but that was with no review. So yes, they were easier for me.

I know you didn't ask this directly, but purchasing the online access to tests 3, 4, 5, 6 was definitely worth is! I found that my score increased 2 pts with each practice tests culminating in a real MCAT 2 points higher than my highest practice ; )

Thanks for the responses

I was just wondering because I did AAMC 1 last friday and 2 today. On the first one I got higher than 12 on every section (they didnt have score conversions for higher than 12).

2 was a little harder all around, but I still got >=12 on the bio and PS. On the verbal I slipped to a 9... don't know what happened.

I have just been doing them to practice my my time managment and to boost my confidence (lol). Actually, it is good because i ran out of time on PS the first time by like 10 questions.

The main thing I was wondering is if scoring extra high on these would correlate to at least a 30 on the others. I am only halfway done with reviewing and won't be taking the real AAMC for a few more weeks.