For those waiting on MCAT scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While waiting sucks bad, I mean REALLY bad...think about what other position we could be in. We could be one of the ppl who aren't taking their MCAT until July or August. For them, they are just NOW starting the hell of studying for the MCAT! Can you remember yourself in their shoes a few months ago?

I'm looking back at all these BR books. 2 ochem, 2 gen chem, and 2 physics. I read every single page, did every single passage, read every single answer explanation in detail...holy crap. how did I do that? at this point, just staring at those BR books scares me. then, there's the EK bio, EK 101 VR passages, TPR science workbook (which i just used a lil bit for bio)....there's absolutely NO way I could get myself to start going through that many books again right now haha. and thankfully, we don't have to!

so, does waiting suck? yes, definitely, but I would rather be waiting in limbo than knowing I have 6 hours/day, everyday, for the next 3 months of MCAT studying. **** that man!

I don't know about you guys...but since my MCAT this past Saturday, I've just been going out and drinking every night lol. it's just crazy to compare my current life to the life I had last week lol...or actually the week before my MCAT wasn't too bad bc I finished most of my studying by then, but compare my life now to like a month ago. I have it really good right now. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

While waiting sucks bad, I mean REALLY bad...think about what other position we could be in. We could be one of the ppl who aren't taking their MCAT until July or August. For them, they are just NOW starting the hell of studying for the MCAT! Can you remember yourself in their shoes a few months ago?

I'm looking back at all these BR books. 2 ochem, 2 gen chem, and 2 physics. I read every single page, did every single passage, read every single answer explanation in detail...holy crap. how did I do that? at this point, just staring at those BR books scares me. then, there's the EK bio, EK 101 VR passages, TPR science workbook (which i just used a lil bit for bio)....there's absolutely NO way I could get myself to start going through that many books again right now haha. and thankfully, we don't have to!

so, does waiting suck? yes, definitely, but I would rather be waiting in limbo than knowing I have 6 hours/day, everyday, for the next 3 months of MCAT studying. **** that man!

I don't know about you guys...but since my MCAT this past Saturday, I've just been going out and drinking every night lol. it's just crazy to compare my current life to the life I had last week lol...or actually the week before my MCAT wasn't too bad bc I finished most of my studying by then, but compare my life now to like a month ago. I have it really good right now. :thumbup:

Enjoy it! Took me a few days to love the wait each time I tested, but I ended up having a better time during those month-waits than a lot of the rest of my pre-med career. There's nothing you can do now. It's best to enjoy your break!

This is ESPECIALLY true if you think you'll be retaking. A few weeks' breather really helps you get back on the wagon for a second take.

Enjoy it! Took me a few days to love the wait each time I tested, but I ended up having a better time during those month-waits than a lot of the rest of my pre-med career. There's nothing you can do now. It's best to enjoy your break!

This is ESPECIALLY true if you think you'll be retaking. A few weeks' breather really helps you get back on the wagon for a second take.

ohh there's no way I can retake it again. this was my 3rd time haha. I wish I hadn't ruined my 2nd score/1st retake last year. last summer, my first MCAT didn't comeback like I wanted, so I rushed to retake it so I could still get apps in by mid-summer. that was a mistake!

I adequately prepped this time, though. so even if I don't get a good score, I'll at least know I did everything I could to study this time.

ohh there's no way I can retake it again. this was my 3rd time haha. I wish I hadn't ruined my 2nd score/1st retake last year. last summer, my first MCAT didn't comeback like I wanted, so I rushed to retake it so I could still get apps in by mid-summer. that was a mistake!

I adequately prepped this time, though. so even if I don't get a good score, I'll at least know I did everything I could to study this time.

My third time was the charm! :) Best of :luck:

Take 2 weeks off doing nothing.

Or something herbal related.

I live in Austin and can't think of anything else to do.