Crystal Meth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
I received an acceptance 2 weeks ago from my first choice school (first choice by far).

I still have two remaining interviews and I am thinking of cancelling them. However, I have not received the paperwork from my school (just the acceptance phone call from the interviewer). I am worried that something bad might happen and I will leave myself without an acceptance - again. I am a reapplicant so this acceptance was all so sweet.

I should probably withdraw?

Scarletbegonias

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
Oklahoma
Status
call the school and see if the acceptance letter is in the mail. Withdraw once you have it in yours hands.

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
just as a precaution, don't withdraw or cancel anything until you have the acceptance letter in your hands... just in case your interviewer called the wrong person

Mothra

Unabashed Conservative
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
Yes, wait until you have the letter in your hot little hands - and it had YOUR name and address on it...

I would be even safer than that, if you can wait that long.... I'd wait until the check clears - i.e. the check you have to write to hold your spot.

Bigsheed920

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
NY
Status
I don't think the school can make a big mistake like calling the wrong person, it's possible but probably not..........feel free to cancel your other interviews.

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
Bigsheed920 said:
I don't think the school can make a big mistake like calling the wrong person, it's possible but probably not..........feel free to cancel your other interviews.
You're not allowed to be practical :mad: It's like a rule that pre-meds have to be neurotic :p

I agree that it is fairly unlikely a school will call the wrong person. But you never know. People screw up all the time. I mean look how many people get interview invites and then have the invite rescinded, or how many people get letters from med schools addressed to someone else.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
tinkerbelle said:
You're not allowed to be practical :mad: It's like a rule that pre-meds have to be neurotic :p

I agree that it is fairly unlikely a school will call the wrong person. But you never know. People screw up all the time. I mean look how many people get interview invites and then have the invite rescinded, or how many people get letters from med schools addressed to someone else.
wasn't it this forum where people said they had received letters addressed to the wrong person? several people made such comments. I'd trust no one until the letter is in my hand with my name on it. best of [email protected]

NEATOMD

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Attending Physician
tinkerbelle said:
People screw up all the time. I mean look how many people get interview invites and then have the invite rescinded, or how many people get letters from med schools addressed to someone else.
Hmm...I was wondering how I got into those schools. I had hoped it was the real thing since they even got my name right. But, somehow, I knew it couldn't be true. It's all so clear now. :p

relema

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
H town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Call them, my acceptance letter got lost in the mail and I had two weeks to respond and accept, from the date I heard I was accepted. This involved returning and signing a document sent with my acceptance letter. Had I not kept on top of that, I would have likely lost my spot.