For those who are not paying for medical school and proud of it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DieselPetrolGrl

twisterChamp&so much more
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nobody should be left out of a sdn club!
post if your a member :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

not paying for medical school? Are you getting scholarships, getting bankrolled by mom and dad, or not accepted?

It's gotta be a nice way to live, I'll give you that.

Members don't see this ad :)
street sales funding my education

i had a free college ride thanks to my oddities and intrests ....so all that '4 yrs of private school education money' is going to get bounced into medical school - atleast covers tution i am guessing ..hoping..praying!

street sales ehh? Oddities and interests ehh?

How much is a typical medical student paying a month? My mom has been asking and is trying to keep me at home! lol

@ 50 k a yr avg for living expenses included that comes out to a jolly 4166$/month

phtooey!

omg, never thought about it that way...forget this, I quit. :scared: :p

why would anyone be proud not to be paying for school? i'm not saying it's a matter for shame either, but what up with the pride?

look at the lagging thread below-- "those who are paying and proud"
i made this thread to serve the cliquish tendency of sdn..any black premeds? anyone from tenn.? any desi? any paying? any irish?

i feel the feeling of group support is important and one of the most valuable portions of a site such as this one.

so lets hear some support for those of us who grueled through the past 4-5 yrs on work/schol./and lived a life of not having mp3 players or jazzy cars ..in order to plot and save money for the days ahead!

DieselPetrolGrl said:
look at the lagging thread below-- "those who are paying and proud"
i made this thread to serve the cliquish tendency of sdn..any black premeds? anyone from tenn.? any desi? any paying? any irish?

i feel the feeling of group support is important and one of the most valuable portions of a site such as this one.

so lets hear some support for those of us who grueled through the past 4-5 yrs on work/schol./and lived a life of not having mp3 players or jazzy cars ..in order to plot and save money for the days ahead!

man... im gonna get all the money i can to have the best experience i can in medical school, this is going to be so awesome.

i was lucky enough to get a half tuition scholarship though :D

military, baby!

right on brother
go kick some ass
we support your med shcool bling
:love:

DrYo12 said:
military, baby!
yeah way to go!!!!
who needs to leave with loans
be proud of yourself and congrats again <3

DieselPetrolGrl said:
@ 50 k a yr avg for living expenses included that comes out to a jolly 4166$/month

phtooey!

The 50K a year is not just living expenses. It's tuition included. Generally, med students are living on 1000-1200 a month, dependingon the size of their loans. Awful.

stinkycheese said:
The 50K a year is not just living expenses. It's tuition included. Generally, med students are living on 1000-1200 a month, dependingon the size of their loans. Awful.

yea, what he wrote said 50k "living exp included" meaning that was tuition there plus living. 50k + or - about 5 is pretty much right on the money for nearly any private med sko in the country.