I took April MCAT and decided to retake it because I was not satisfied with my scores. I submitted my AMCAS already and was worrying that med school were going just to reject me based on the score and not to wait for my August. So I called all the admission offices up today and ask what should I do. Most of the schools said that I should not be worrying at all because I indicated on my AMCAS application that I am going to take in August so they will put my application on hold until they get the most recent score. Only BU said that I needed to write a letter. I guess it is important for some people to check off that box if they do have intention of retaking the test. However if you checked that box off and decided not to take it, it can really slow down your application process because schools will have your application on hold.