for those who are still waiting for temple interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got a rejection letter from them.

they have finished screening of applicants. there are 7,000 applicants for the 200 spots.

so i am sure that you will get a letter soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Youngjock
I was an Aug MCATer and haven't heard from them as yet. I guess I can expect a rejection letter soon enough. Thanks for the news though.
Kismat

hey youngjock,

i'm sure i will be getting that infamous thin letter soon as well, but do you know for a fact Temple is finished with interviewing already? No more interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the letter, it said that temple has finished all the screenings. You might still have a chance to get an interview invitation.

You should be getting your mail very soon, since they are already finished screening.

Good call...I got my letter today....DENIED.
oh well...there are other fish in the medical school sea.

Doh! Got the letter today...actually a double whammy...one rejection from Temple, one from Chicago Med.

Oh well! The day was so beautiful, I could care less.

Now I am thinking that maybe all we are waiting is another rejection letter?

Schools who want us would have sent us the interview invitation letters long time ago?

Who actually got any interview letters around this time of the year?!

You are funny when you say that temple doesn't give you any loving. :)

I've gotten three or four interviews in the last two weeks. Keep hope alive.

3 or 4 interviews in the last two weeks? congratulations!!! can i ask you where?

ummmm let me see....
in this order starting about two weeks ago.
UNC Chapel Hill,Tulane,& Creighton.
The scary thing is I've only had one interview so far and that was just a couple of weeks ago. I have two more scheduled in addition to the three above for a total of 6. I'm going to REALLY BUMMED OUT if none of these work out. All of these schools waited till very late in the process to send me an interview so I've got to assume my chances aren't that great. They say that they accept about 30% of the people they interview, but at this point I bet it's more like 10%. And I thought waiting for MCAT scores was tough! I find new gray hairs every day.
wink.gif

Yiggy

hey, keep your head up though, yigit-- I am pretty much in the same boat as you, 6 late interviews (Jan-March) and no decisions till at least mid-March...other than that, a boatload of rejections and 7 more schools I'm still waiting to hear anything from. But I figure that 6 late interviews is better than none, so there may be hope for all of us in this crazy situation yet...:p

Jersygrl,
Nice one on the two new interviews.
MOREMOREMOREinterviews!!!

I applied to Temple and I still have not heard from them. Is anyone still waiting to hear from them???

I received a strange letter from Temple last week; apparently they are deferring consideration on my application for another 6 weeks and can't decide whether or not to interview me. Not sure how it'll pan out in 6 weeks, but not too worried since I've had other interviews. As for late interviews; I've received 3 invites over the past month after my application was complete for a long time (since Sept.).. So keep your chin up..

When did you apply...early, middle, or late? I'm assuming late because you said this is near the end of the road and the class is nearly if not full. Is this a fair assumption? When did you apply? I'll be applying soon enough (couple years) and would like to know if there is a distinct advantage to applying early? Thanks

Originally posted by Riesling:
hey youngjock,

i'm sure i will be getting that infamous thin letter soon as well, but do you know for a fact Temple is finished with interviewing already? No more interview invites?

It's funny that Temple send a thin envelope even when you get in... I was quite surprised when I opened the small package.

Originally posted by yigit:
Good call...I got my letter today....DENIED.
oh well...there are other fish in the medical school sea.

What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing them.

Originally posted by nmehta:
Doh! Got the letter today...actually a double whammy...one rejection from Temple, one from Chicago Med.

Oh well! The day was so beautiful, I could care less.

what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?