For those who are tired in their long journey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you may not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions!

Hope that boosts your patience up. (Live the questions!)

Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope!

Patience with faithfulness would be advantage at this stage. Believe in yourself. Don't never ever let yourself down.

God's way of answering the Christian's prayer for more patience, experience, hope and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction!

maybe, God knows that's the best way to get the best out of you.
Why you then???

Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives' mouths!

maybe, cuz God doesn't want you to be another Aristotle.

This unusual and highly successful species spends a great deal of time examining his higher motives and an equal amount of time improving on his fundamental ones!

maybe, cuz God wants you to be the best of the bests.

Wish you GOOD LUCK !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Dear IMPACT,

Thank you. I liked your thread about cost of dental schools. Keep your great ideas flowing.

Dear MiISP,
I appreciate your genuine concerns about others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you may not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions!

Hope that boosts your patience up. (Live the questions!)

Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope!

Patience with faithfulness would be advantage at this stage. Believe in yourself. Don't never ever let yourself down.

God's way of answering the Christian's prayer for more patience, experience, hope and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction!

maybe, God knows that's the best way to get the best out of you.
Why you then???

Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives' mouths!

maybe, cuz God doesn't want you to be another Aristotle.

This unusual and highly successful species spends a great deal of time examining his higher motives and an equal amount of time improving on his fundamental ones!

maybe, cuz God wants you to be the best of the bests.

Wish you GOOD LUCK !!!

hi dear frens
was away as I was preparing for toefl exam,It was today,I dunt know why the snow storm has to come today.climate was very bad,I cudnot use car to reach to the centre,I have to go by train in such a cold condition.I reached there late as train was delayed.So was quite nervous.Exam was not as expected.Feeling so bad.I tried my best to concentrate,but listening section I cudnot concentrate,may be it was cold in the room and dunt know why.Today is the worst day I had faced since I landed in USA.snow is good to look from inside,It is worst when you have to walk almost 1 hour in snow storm and stay in train station for 1 and HALF HOUR.WHAT A DAY I choose to give my exam?This storm is coming after 100 years I heard and It should be in my exam day,
I don;t know how much I will score,Only blessings and hope of frens like you can work for me now.I have done my best .Now Let my fate decide what will happen
I am writing my story as I am feeling so low.
Hope everything goes well
maiya:confused:

Last edited:
Its sad to hear yr story, but I would like to tell you one thing whatever happend to you its just by chance there is no mistake from yr side , so dont worry, whatever will happen will bring good result one day in yr life, and you will realize this thing when you will get what you want by heart

God is taking yr real exam, so just believe in God and yourself, hope for the best!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yr dream will also come true, All the best

hi dear frens
was away as I was preparing for toefl exam,It was today,I dunt know why the snow storm has to come today.climate was very bad,I cudnot use car to reach to the centre,I have to go by train in such a cold condition.I reached there late as train was delayed.So was quite nervous.Exam was not as expected.Feeling so bad.I tried my best to concentrate,but listening section I cudnot concentrate,may be it was cold in the room and dunt know why.Today is the worst day I had faced since I landed in USA.snow is good to look from inside,It is worst when you have to walk almost 1 hour in snow storm and stay in train station for 1 and HALF HOUR.WHAT A DAY I choose to give my exam?This storm is coming after 100 years I heard and It should be in my exam day,
I don;t know how much I will score,Only blessings and hope of frens like you can work for me now.I have done my best .Now Let my fate decide what will happen
I am writing my story as I am feeling so low.
Hope everything goes well
maiya:confused:

Dear Maiya,

I am sorry to hear about your trouble, I understand your situation. You were heroic in making to the exam and taking it. Since you have done you part leave the rest, let god decide may be he has a better plan for you. As it is toefl, I heard that you can retake the exam without even waiting for the result. I suggest you speaking to ets people and take the exam with out waiting for the result.( if u feel u have not done to your expectations) I think you are allowed to retake after a week. Please explore this option. May be is not your day relax, with a cool mind you will think of plenty of options. Life is full of options and it is up to us to pick the best option. Cheer up my friend. We are all with you to see that you reach your goal.
:idea:

Dear Maiya,
please dont be hard on yourself,how can we even try to reason the happenings it was all meant to happen, who knows you must have done perfectly well on your test, so dont dwell on your past now try to focus your attention on the application process, let this one incident not hamper your spirits to go ahead. remember GOD"S WILL WILL NOT TAKE YOU WHERE GOD"S GRACE IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOU, I dont know if you have read the foot prints but if havent here it is....
Footprints
by Margaret Powers

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scene from his life. He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]When the last scene of his life flashed before him he noticed that many times there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it was at the very lowest times in his life. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]He questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Food for Thought.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Weave in faith and God will find the thread. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Author Unknown .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God..
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Carter Lindberg .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Faith is like radar that sees through the fog. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Corrie Ten Boom Faith makes things possible, not easy. .

Dear jgdms,

I am impressed with your thoughtfulness.:claps:

Hey Possible,
I guess all of us have gone thru these storms one time or the other in our lives , and it has always helped me when someone has reassured me that this too shall pass...

Dear Jgdmds,

Liked it :thumbup: , good to see you here. Awesome footprints.
Maiya, I think this is the best reply you got from our dear friend.

Dear Maiya,
please dont be hard on yourself,how can we even try to reason the happenings it was all meant to happen, who knows you must have done perfectly well on your test, so dont dwell on your past now try to focus your attention on the application process, let this one incident not hamper your spirits to go ahead. remember GOD"S WILL WILL NOT TAKE YOU WHERE GOD"S GRACE IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOU, I dont know if you have read the foot prints but if havent here it is....
Footprints
by Margaret Powers

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scene from his life. He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]When the last scene of his life flashed before him he noticed that many times there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it was at the very lowest times in his life. .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]He questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God..
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Corrie Ten Boom Faith makes things possible, not easy. .

Dear Maiya,
Footprints
by Margaret Powers

thanx a lot,your ans is really encouraging,I am happy to have great frens like you,I will be positive,
Once again thanx from the core of the heart
maiya

Dear Maiya,

I am sorry to hear about your trouble, I understand your situation. You were heroic in making to the exam and taking it. Since you have done you part leave the rest, let god decide may be he has a better plan for you. As it is toefl, I heard that you can retake the exam without even waiting for the result. I suggest you speaking to ets people and take the exam with out waiting for the result.( if u feel u have not done to your expectations) I think you are allowed to retake after a week. Please explore this option. May be is not your day relax, with a cool mind you will think of plenty of options. Life is full of options and it is up to us to pick the best option. Cheer up my friend. We are all with you to see that you reach your goal.
:idea:
dear fren
feeling better after talking with you guys.I will wait for the results and then think about the other steps.Now I am waiting for interviews,I think I should prepare for that.hope with god grace I recieve any calls .I have applied to nyu and boston.Boston I dunt have hope as toefl is less but nyu Ihave ray of hope.lets see,I want to ask you do yu think I should apply to schools like nova,alabama and marquette university,I see very little chce in them,What you say fren,I am asking to you and mission isp as you both are experienced in this matter.
Hope to get your reply soon
You guys are doing great job
salute to you guys ,also to all my frens who encoraged me,
regards
maiya

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Jgdmds,

Liked it :thumbup: , good to see you here. Awesome footprints.
Maiya, I think this is the best reply you got from our dear friend.

dear fren
You are right,Jgdmds has given my ans perfectly,thanx for reply,means a lot to me
maiya

Its sad to hear yr story, but I would like to tell you one thing whatever happend to you its just by chance there is no mistake from yr side , so dont worry, whatever will happen will bring good result one day in yr life, and you will realize this thing when you will get what you want by heart

God is taking yr real exam, so just believe in God and yourself, hope for the best!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yr dream will also come true, All the best
dear fren
thanx for your encouraging words,it has helped me to revive,frens like you make this world a better place.
thanx again
maiya

Dear friends,

You are really great helping and encouraging others....
@ maiya u'll really make it.. don't let you down..
me too travelled all these to get accepted in to a school..:).Don't worry you too will reach your goal.. it's all matter of time..
My sincere thanks to all sdners helped me ..especially MissionISP and Possible for your great support and boosting words!!!
Appreciate it!!

Dear iris999,

Congratulations on completion of your journey. Really liked you standing behind for our friend maiya. Good luck for your future endeavors

Dear iris999,

Congratulations on completion of your journey. Really liked you standing behind for our friend maiya. Good luck for your future endeavors

Thank you!!! videos you posted are very inspiring.. You've done a great job..:thumbup:

Dear friends,

You are really great helping and encouraging others....
@ maiya u'll really make it.. don't let you down..
me too travelled all these to get accepted in to a school..:).Don't worry you too will reach your goal.. it's all matter of time..
My sincere thanks to all sdners helped me ..especially MissionISP and Possible for your great support and boosting words!!!
Appreciate it!!

Dear fren
Thanx for the support and hope.May your magical words come true.Hoping for the best.
Thanx a lot
maiya

Dear iris999,

dear fren
thanx,Your support and encouragement is helping me a lot.wish you a bright future
cordially thanx for helping everybody who is in need
keep it up
alsways fren
maiya

Best of luck on your future ventures. Hope you are able help others achieve their hopes.

DEar fren
nice video,got my toefl results,no improvement,will give it once again,but after some time,Can you guide me how to score 100+ in toefl,last time I got 90,this time also 90,what to do fren,I want to apply to colorado also, I need 95 for that and for Bu,I have no hope at all
Will follow your suggestions
regards
MAIYA
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 TO YOU AND ALL SDN MEMBERS

Dear MMAGS,

Thank you very much for your wishes and kind words. Wishing you success with your future plans.

DEar fren
nice video,got my toefl results,no improvement,will give it once again,but after some time,Can you guide me how to score 100+ in toefl,last time I got 90,this time also 90,what to do fren,I want to apply to colorado also, I need 95 for that and for Bu,I have no hope at all
Will follow your suggestions
regards
MAIYA
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 TO YOU AND ALL SDN MEMBERS
Hi,

I was also in the same boat , scored in 90's twice in TOEFL but third time I scored 109, so as per my experience I have realized that its only by practicing a lot of sample tests that you can improve your score.Check which section you r scoring less and work hard in that.

I really got useful tips to improve my score through this forum,

http://www.urch.com/forums/toefl/

hope it help,

All the very best for ur future:thumbup:

Dear Maiya,

I agree with aim high in the importance of practice for better performance in toefl. I used ets official guide to toefl and kaplan sample tests cd that comes along with kaplan toefl preparation guide. Look at your scores and determine the areas you need to improve like listening, reading or writing. Hope our other friends would have more information on this. Practice..practice..more practice. Wishing you good luck. Colorado is a good school I think they accept applications till April.

Hi people… I’m relatively new on this forum (maybe u noticed when u check my info at your left)… but I’ve been checking the forum this last 2 months, searching for some answers about this indecision that I have. Maybe to write them could help me to decide what I want :confused:. I would express my doubts in this post because opening a thread would just be annoying for some ppl, and since this is a inspirative post, I would like to be INSPIRED by you people that has being navigating through this long journey. Mine hasn't begun yet, but my mind right now is just full of indecisions and I'm hoping to clear them up.:oops:

First… I recently finished a 4 year program of dentistry here in my country (Dominican Republic), I’m a dentist here in my country. Well, my firsts interests for studying this career were, after I finished the studies, start the studies for the approval of my title to make them valid in the US. Well, later I found out that I had to first pass 2 tests (NBDE part 1 and 2), do the TOEFL thing, so then later I could get in for a university at US and do a 2 or 3 year IP, but this programs obviously are not free or cheeper.

Well, I’m afraid that I couldn’t achieve what I want. First for the english. In certain way I understand english and I can talk well with somebody, but there are MANY things that I dont understand, starting with the all-day-vocabulary that US citizens uses and I’m scary to get stuck talking with somebody or even to write with some misspellings. It sounds ridiculous but Im a very social person and this worries me a lot. And the last reason I’m afraid is that, if I pass the NBDE part 1 and part 2, I have to wait for a long time to be admitted in any university.

I really want to practice dentistry in US, almost all my family (aunts, uncles, cousins) lives in US, I have a sibling that is doctor and works in a MI hospital, he did the Kaplan thing, and pass all the USMLE tests. Sometimes I’ve consider to do medicine and study for the USMLE at the same time (thing that I could have done with dentistry) and spend like 5 or 6 years again studying since its not so expensive than to apply for a license of dentistry. Im almost 23 and I don't want get 30 and still being studying or waiting :(:(.

Well, sorry if this shouldnt be posted here, I just needed to relief my anxiety, hope I could find some inspiration words of you guys. Any advice/question I would appreciate/answer it.

Dear lost demon,

Looking at your case, it looks like you are struck with a fear of failure which most of us have before we start a new task. I see that you are not able to decide between settling in your country or move to us. For this you will have to discuss your short term expectations and long term expectations from your life with your family members and close friends. You might as well speak to the dentists in your country and know more about the future prospects and oppurtunities in your country. As you have some family members in us you can also gather information of the life and oppurtunities in the us. At this point you need to gather as much information regarding the prospects of dentistry in your country and in the us and once you have gathered enough information your descision making will be very easy. Regarding your fears of toefl and nbde, these are common among your peers which can be overcome by strategy and hard work over time. Wishing you good luck, gather as much information as you can before you decide. You will never know how huge your potentials are until you try.

Dear lost demon,

Looking at your case, it looks like you are struck with a fear of failure which most of us have before we start a new task. I see that you are not able to decide between settling in your country or move to us. For this you will have to discuss your short term expectations and long term expectations from your life with your family members and close friends. You might as well speak to the dentists in your country and know more about the future prospects and oppurtunities in your country. As you have some family members in us you can also gather information of the life and oppurtunities in the us. At this point you need to gather as much information regarding the prospects of dentistry in your country and in the us and once you have gathered enough information your descision making will be very easy. Regarding your fears of toefl and nbde, these are common among your peers which can be overcome by strategy and hard work over time. Wishing you good luck, gather as much information as you can before you decide. You will never know how huge your potentials are until you try.

You're right, thank you very much for your advice. Im really agree with you about my "fear of failure". :thumbup:

Thank you for posting such nice messages.Would also like to read real inspirational stories from accepted candidates.

Last edited:
Dear rose82,

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. I am positive that more people who have completed their journeys will contribute their experiences.

I am just tired with all this stress of getting in.....I think everyone is really good and deserves to be here....but, I am so tired running after something that's fleeting away.........
-12-16-2009

I am so happy today that I got accepted into a dental program!! man! I so wanted to do this banana dance! lol-

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
-1-16-2010

Dear ACDS grad,

I am so glad that you got what you wanted after all the tiredness. I appreciate your patience and courage in overcoming your struggles in this journey. Our friend rose82 wishes to get some consolation and motivation from your experiences. I believe you would be the right person to inspire her and help her succeed with your amazing experiences.

Hi Friends,

I am a foreign trained dentist. I took my part-1 and got 83. I prepared well for this Part-1, but I didn't score well. When I took the exam, I was always stuck with 2 answers for some questions. May be I was not clear in my ideas on those topics. I would like to retake. But I am not confident to retake it again. Many of them say that the difficulty level for retakers will be more. I would like to hear form someone who have scored less in the first attempt and scored well in the second attempt.

Dear excel 2006,

It is a good idea, U have to go for it. Take out those self limiting beliefs from your mind. I myself have improved my part1 by nearly 10 marks and I know a lot of people who have done that. Aim for a 90 plus and u will get it. Good luck. If u are looking for a good thread about nbde prepration I found the following thread to be a useful resource.
How to prepare for NBDE I: 91-87 score experiance.

Last edited:
hi everyone,
firstly i want to thax Possible and MissionISP for the amazing work they are doing in motivating and inspiring other aspirants, it is truly a wonderful
thought.
i also have been trying to join school in the US for a couple of years now and it has been a hard journey. i finsihed my postgraduation in my home country and started preparing for mu US dream. it took me four trips on a tourist visa to the US before being finally accepted. i received rejection from a few schools travelled across the great seas just for interviews and returned with rejections.
i was dejected for a while but then had to pull myself up time and time again. always remember guys WHERE THERE IS WILL THERE IS NOT ONLY A WAY BUT A HIGHWAY. all of us have it in us to get in just that we have to stay focussed and not let circumstnaces to get the better of us. remember HOPE IS A GOOD THING AND IT DOES GOOD THINGS TO GOOD PEOPLE.
Each one of our efforts will be rewarded and its just a matter of time.
remember guys WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, so just keep trying, do some research, gain some work experience, keep doing whatever [possible to improve your resume, from what i can understand the way universities look at students is changing they dont want only ur scores, they want a whole package.

congratulations to all u guys who have made it and all the best to all u guys waiting. in life what u give is what u get, so guys if u give it ur best u will get the best.

I am only adding o the great work done by possible and MissionISP and others, so please feel free to P.M me am ready to share my experiences and help in the best possible way i can.

excel2006

i am sorry to let u know that you cannot retake part 1 starting january 2010 unless u registered for a retake before that date. So if u did, go ahead and do it, otherwise, you can work on improving other aspects of ur resume as the NBDE is not the only factor considered for admission. good luck

Possible,

I think it is very nice to let people know that life doesnt end with a NO, I think sometimes it starts with a NO since after that type of answer one has to give it all you have to achive success.

My case is some what rare. I am a US national that studied dentistry in another country because of family reasons and in 1995 tryed to get into Eastman dental center, but was not accepted. Did 2 years of continuing education in the US and moved back to Ecuador, started a practice that ive had for the past 12 years and have been very succesfull. In 2008 I applied again at eastman, this time with a lot of clinical and research experience and had a Late acceptance... to be honest with you I did not know that there was a such thing like "late acceptance" so I could not move to Rochester. This year I re activated my application and going to give it one more chance. Im 40 years old, have 4 kids... but I have no fear. I built a very success practice in a 3erd world country, I know I have the knowledge and the strenght to make it happend and make my dream of becoming a researcher and professor at a US University come true.... just follow your dreams with courage and faith... if its in Gods plan no one can say NO....

Dear maricocf70,

Your story is really amazing.The world needs more people like you who have the guts to chase their dreams till they are achieved. I am sure with your persistence you will soon achieve your dream. You have inspired a lot of people to carry on their journey of going behind their dreams. I am impressed by your idea of giving ones best after hearing a NO. No is just the beginning of a new journey. Good luck.