Quantcast

For those who are worried and anxious...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyPharmD.stu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
...that they might not make it to a pharmacy school, lighten up and have faith. Take me, for instance: i got a 2.9 gpa, didn't do so well on math and science, 1190 on sat, no extracurricular activities (just voluteered to help community, that's it), did not take the pcat and my oh my...i got off on the waiting list and reserved my spot for pre-pharmacy!!! im not going to tell what pharm school i'm gonna go to (im 18 and ready to start college this fall) for the sake of their reputation. it's going to be quite a challenge competing other people since i barely made it, but i'm ready for anything and i have a strong passion for this major. anywho, my point is that as long as you have a better grade than mine and if you send your application as soon as possible, you'll have a great chance to either make it or be on the waiting list (better than nothing...). this is my first thread and post, btw. Hello to everyone

aurovon

Tryin'
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is useless without the school name :D

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
uh... sounds like you got accepted right out of HS. Most schools don't except people out of high school. So the requirements are tottally different. A 2.9 GPA in college probably will not cut it. Unless you rocked the PCAT and have pharmacy experience, then maybe. I am not sure how one would do on the PCAT right out of high school... which is probably why school that accept students out of high school don't look at pcat. There is a lot of biology and chemistry on it that i did not learn until college.

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck in pharmacy school and study hard. I have found that my highest GPA was high school then college was lower.... and pharmacy school even lower...

ButlerPharm.D.

Honor Before Glory
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on being accepted into a pre-pharmacy program. However, as I'm sure you are aware simply being accepted into a pre-pharmacy program does not guarantee your admittance into the professional phase of the program. Best of luck.

P.S. you should mention what school it was.

BTB

Managed Care Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ButlerPharm.D. said:
...I'm sure you are aware simply being accepted into a pre-pharmacy program does not guarantee your admittance into the professional phase of the program. Best of luck.

P.S. you should mention what school it was.

I'm pretty sure he is a USP pre-pharm acceptee. Congratulations.

OoKellyoO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Straight out of H.S. into the pre-pharm early path is even harder than applying after taking college courses. I dont know how he got in with a 2.9. Most of the time, you must graduate top 5% of the class and ACT of 27 and must maintain a 3.3 up until you start P1 or else you have to take the PCAT and apply like "normal" people. I guess not all the schools are like that.

luckyPharmD.stu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
there's only one reason for that...after getting C's for this and that, in my senior year, i got all A's. They must be thinking that I might continue my late success through college courses as well, so i guess that's why they selected me from the waiting list.