For those who did CC pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillyBoyInTN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you or do you plan to send LOR from CC science professors? If so, how did or how are you expecting it to turn out?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you or do you plan to send LOR from CC science professors? If so, how did or how are you expecting it to turn out?

This is an N=1 type of statement (very low power), but I used a LOR from a professor that primarily teaches at a community college, but was also an adjunct at the 4-year university that taught my night class, and it turned out just fine. I doubt adcoms care very much what academic institution a LOR comes from, but are more interested in the content of the letter from the science professor.

Assuming that I get through Organic Chemistry I & II, I'll be getting the LOR from the professor (PhD in Organic Chemistry).

The interesting thing is that as of July 2009, the community college I've been attending will now be a 4-yr state college, so I'm curious how that would look.

%

Last edited: