For those who didn't match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonella

Gram-Negative Rods
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you please share your emotions, thoughts, feelings with us? What kind of things go through your minds right now? We are here for support...

Members don't see this ad.

loser and failure come to mind...

that's a good start at least...

I really dropped the ball but I don't know where I went wrong?

Frustrated, angry, depressed...

the list goes on...

Man, you're no loser or failure, you got caught up in a very competitive year in a very competitive field. Patience, do what you can with scramble and be persistent, you will become a radiologist if you keep at it.

In addition to the loser + failure feeling... add suicidal ideations and full blown panic mode... I know H0mersimps0n feelings too well...

Could you please share your emotions, thoughts, feelings with us? What kind of things go through your minds right now? We are here for support...

are you serious?! what kind of tool are you to elicit responses from people who didn't match? you are one sadistic b!tch! :thumbdown:

moderator please close this thread...it is not in good spirit.

are you serious?! what kind of tool are you to elicit responses from people who didn't match? you are one sadistic b!tch! :thumbdown:

moderator please close this thread...it is not in good spirit.

One of the best ways to deal with sadness, frustration and depression is by talking things out. I realize that expressing the deepest emotions to acquintances might be difficult for some people; that's precisely what this anonymous forum thread is for.

In difficult time like this, it's totally alright to be angry, or putting blames on others. If calling someone "sadistic b!tch!" makes you feel better, I think that's completely OK, even on this forum. But please understand that your SDN colleagues are sympathetic and will always be there for you.

I'm sorry, I have to side with villin, though I might have used less harsh language. It's kind of strange, on Black Monday, to seek out people who didn't match. I agree this thread should be closed.

One of the best ways to deal with sadness, frustration and depression is by talking things out. I realize that expressing the deepest emotions to acquintances might be difficult for some people; that's precisely what this anonymous forum thread is for.

In difficult time like this, it's totally alright to be angry, or putting blames on others. If calling someone "sadistic b!tch!" makes you feel better, I think that's completely OK, even on this forum. But please understand that your SDN colleagues are sympathetic and will always be there for you.

OOOOOK Stuart Smalley. You're good enough, you're smart enough and doggone-it... people like you.

I also motion to close the thread. If people needed the help then they can post without solicitation.

I, too, second the motion to close the thread.

As one who didn't match a few years ago, I agree with everyone who says this is a thread in poor taste. I agree that villan used some strong terms, because I don't think salmonella meant any harm, but let me tell you from experience, this is a very personal and sensitive issue. Let me ask you salmonella, what benefit did you think think the "scramblers" would derive from this? If they wanted to share this information, they would. You shouldn't seek it. Would you think it is decent behavior to walk up to a family in a hospital 2 hours after their child died and say, "Please share your emotions, thoughts, feelings right now with me on how you feel now about your 4 year old dying of medulloblastoma?" I hope to God you wouldn't. It would be more appropriate (if you wanted to help) to say to the scramblers or that family, "I am sorry for your pain. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Please let me know if I can help." Common sense will tell you those people who didn't match feel like poo right now. Do you think they would be joyous?? It is embarrassing (but time does heal all wounds you all!).

When I didn't match, I had a professor who in the middle of class asked everyone to go around and announce if they matched. I didn't. I was horrified and embarrassed and ran out of the room in tears. When I came back, he tried to ease the situation and tell me it worked out for the best. I did not believe him then, but now I do. However, I did not care to share my random feelings with a bunch of strangers and let them know I didn't match. I have now gone through the match again and matched into a wonderful top tier program in another field. I love going to work, so it worked out well. So, I ask you Salmonella, please think before you act. You may have the best of intentions, but this is a very sensitive time.

Status
Not open for further replies.