for those who got accepted in UMDNJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emthichrangdep

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if the people who got accepted in UMDNJ were in-state or out-of-state. Also, if anyone knows the total est. cost for going there as in-state resident. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to UMDNJ as an out-of-state (NY). In-state tuition is around $21,400 (from Class of 2009) and total including expenses, books, room+board, etc. is around $53,000. Out-of-state tuition is $33,500 BUT as long as you establish residency in NJ right away (I think deadline is August 2006) by having/renting an apartment in Jersey, changing plates on your car to NJ, etc. you will be an in-state resident for the fall, unlike other states such as NY where you have to live there for a while before establishing residency. So pretty much all of the students can become in-state right away.

Hope that helped!

hey im an in state resident, and i believe it begins at 52, then to 40, by your senior year, something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most applicants are from out of state. The ADEA book is REALLY misleading because if you glance at the statistics, I think it says that only 2 students were from out of state. The truth is, it's just easy to become a NJ resident and get in-state tuition and most people do it before their first year... well, except for those 2 who decided that an extra $12K a year is nothing...

When I interviewed there, I asked whether they placed any type of priority on NJ residents and they said no. I was surprised they didn't consider residency at all and wouldn't be too happy if I were from NJ. I was accepted at UMDNJ but will be going to my state school, UW, which very heavily favors in-staters.

La Miraflorina said:
I think most applicants are from out of state. The ADEA book is REALLY misleading because if you glance at the statistics, I think it says that only 2 students were from out of state. The truth is, it's just easy to become a NJ resident and get in-state tuition and most people do it before their first year... well, except for those 2 who decided that an extra $12K a year is nothing...

Thanks for all the help you guys!! Now it's time to make a really hard decision..