For those who got an interview at USC...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickblas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone so i am just reviewing all the materials for my USC interview sept 29th and had a couple of questions?

In the email they sent out it stated "
.Additional information regarding USC, hotels and the interview day activities is being sent in the mail. If you do not receive this information within the next week, please contact us. " However, i did not receive anything in the mail yet but there is an attachment file in the email with this information?

Also for the applicant profile page do I just fill in the answer freehand (my hand writing isnt the greatest) or should I type answer responses and attach it? What did you guys do?

O and when i called to schedule my interview the guy told me about bringing 3 things to the interview: a 2x2 photo, the applicant survey attachment and something else. i forgot what the third thing was that we need to bring?

Lastly, for anyone who already went to the interview is it still PBL type aka a group problem and answer thing with no interview questions? Is it ok if I go in unprepared for a one on one interview since there wont be one?

Thanks guys! and I saw a few people on predents with a sept29th date too so i will hopefully see you guys there :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was also curious about this. I've been keeping an eye out for the mail but nothing so far.. Has anyone received anything?

:thumbup: Good questions. I haven't received anything in the mail either. I will probably call them on Monday.

Someone in another thread said the interview consists of a writing sample, a single interview question asked in a group setting, then a PBL mock session.

Members don't see this ad :)
JBieber is correct on the interview format. The third document you should bring and sign is the one that confirms you read the USC PBL website.

I'm most worried about the essay questions. What were they like? How lengthy should they be? :(

Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm most worried about the essay questions. What were they like? How lengthy should they be? :(

Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, it's not too bad. Make a list of all the questions asked in the interview feedback page for any school. Then, answer them all. That should cover almost anything they will throw at you. It's a quick 15 min essay just to see if you can put sentences together.

So the questiins they ask you individually are just standard interview questions?

Ya I think i am just going to call them monday to make sure about my other questions such as if it is ok to attach typed responses. Thanks for the insight about the interview though! A group interview question shouldnt be bad and a 15min essay shouldnt either.

I've have tried everything to type in the form and cannot. Not sure, it seems unprofessional to "hand-write" the form. What did everyone else do?
Did anyone figure out how to actually type into the thing?

I've have tried everything to type in the form and cannot. Not sure, it seems unprofessional to "hand-write" the form. What did everyone else do?
Did anyone figure out how to actually type into the thing?

I figured out how to type in the form! you just have to press the "insert text" button on the pdf program and click appropriately and type. It is kind of annoying because you have to decide on what axis you will be typing on but it works. This depends on what pdf program you have though.

I attached typed pages to my app. There was very little room to answer the questions. Also, the single question they ask during interview is not easy, so be prepared.

I attached typed pages to my app. There was very little room to answer the questions. Also, the single question they ask during interview is not easy, so be prepared.

For everyone that is wondering what to do about the questions, I just called the admissions office at USC and the person that I spoke with told me that I should answer the questions in the space provided. When I specifically asked whether or not I could type out my answers separately and attach it to the Applicant Profile, she said to not do that.

For the questions, I think you can download a PDF converter. The one I used converted the pdf to a Word doc (as a picture) but I could insert text boxes where needed. It was kind of a hassle but it turned out okay. My last resort would've been to just write everything in by hand.