For those who got in ......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkplumeria808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) For those who got into VCU (Virginia Commonwealth), Shennadoh, Unv. Of App., Hampton U., Pacific U ( Oregon), Hawaii ( Hilo) and Unv. of S. Nevada , can you please post your stats? Major, GPA, PCAT, when you applied (early, mid cycle or last minute?

I hope that I am not asking too much, but I am sure that this info will help others on this forum!

I am getting ready to apply to all of the above this summer. I am just wondering where I stand, overall 3.6 science 3.65, PCAT in August, some classes taken at C.C.

I know pharmacy school has gotten really competitive. I am worried about my chances!

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm....looks like you're from HI? me too! good luck on your apps!

Do you have any volunteer work or pharmacy experience that can really help your chances also apply as early as possible as I think some of those schools might use rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
:) For those who got into VCU (Virginia Commonwealth), Shennadoh, Unv. Of App., Hampton U., Pacific U ( Oregon), Hawaii ( Hilo) and Unv. of S. Nevada , can you please post your stats? Major, GPA, PCAT, when you applied (early, mid cycle or last minute?

I hope that I am not asking too much, but I am sure that this info will help others on this forum!

I am getting ready to apply to all of the above this summer. I am just wondering where I stand, overall 3.6 science 3.65, PCAT in August, some classes taken at C.C.

I know pharmacy school has gotten really competitive. I am worried about my chances!

Don't worry but be confident. That is the first bit of advice I will give you.

I can help with two of the schools you are interested in as I applied and was accepted to both Pacific and USN. I'll be attending USN this Fall.

Pacific requires at least 40 hours in a Pharmacy so you'll need to shadow or volunteer if you don't already have this. USN doesn't require any pharm experience but it will certainly help with your essays and your interview if you have some. Make sure you do a good job on the application essays. I applied early to Pacific as they had a priority deadline so if you can do that I'd recommend it. Apply by Christmas to USN and you should be fine. Make sure you prepare well for the interviewsas both schools seem to put a lot of weight on the interview. Your GPA is fine. I repeat my original advice: Don't worry but be confident.

Best wishes to you.

Thanks for the advice. I feel a little better. This whole process is making me soooo nervous!

Thanks again!

Someone who interviewed there told me the avg GPA of Hilo acceptees was about 2.9 so it shouldn't be hard to get in. Since it's a state school, I'm guessing that it'll be easy to get in as long as you're from here. They also can't be all that picky since most people are hesitant to apply to schools that aren't accredited yet. I applied super late to pharmacy schools but didn't apply to any of those schools that you posted. Good luck cuz this was definitely one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life.