For those who got interviews at:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hereIcome

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brown, BU, Cornell, Columbia, NYU, or Tufts

Did you get invites in mail or email?

Members don't see this ad.

Cornell - email
Columbia - snail mail (Thought it was a rejection at first!)

Concur on Columbia snailmail and NYU was an email. (from last year)

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts is by email

Columbia=extreme snail mail... though after I got Columbia I emailed Cornell and they let me know via email the next day.

Columbia=extreme snail mail... though after I got Columbia I emailed Cornell and they let me know via email the next day.

You are very lucky! I emailed Cornell on Monday to let them know I have an interview at Sinai in December. I didn't even get so much as a "thanks for the update" email...

Honestly, I didn't think this process was going to be SO hard. I had tons of people telling me over and over that I won't have a problem (non-trad, worked in mental health, americorps, very good stats, etc.), but I am getting looked over for first-run interviews left and right. Oh well. I do have one and that's really all it takes. Still, I'm jealous of you!

I got Brown by e-mail a few days ago, for dates in November. Good luck!

You are very lucky! I emailed Cornell on Monday to let them know I have an interview at Sinai in December. I didn't even get so much as a "thanks for the update" email...

Honestly, I didn't think this process was going to be SO hard. I had tons of people telling me over and over that I won't have a problem (non-trad, worked in mental health, americorps, very good stats, etc.), but I am getting looked over for first-run interviews left and right. Oh well. I do have one and that's really all it takes. Still, I'm jealous of you!

When did you apply / when complete? Looking at your MDApps, if you are still waiting on secondaries, you must have applied kind of late, huh?

Also - seems like there may be schools on your list that nobody has heard anything from yet?

Late applications reduce or outright kill lots of chances...people can argue about what consititutes "too late" but I think that anyone who fails to get everything in before, say, Aug 1 is flirting with disaster in this hyper competitive process...

I added some lower tier schools just last week because I wasn't getting any interviews. The rest of my schools were complete within two weeks after I received their secondaries. By September, I was complete everywhere (except the schools I added later, of course).

But a lot of the schools I applied to haven't really offered a lot of interviews yet- you're right. It's just discouraging to see so many people (some with 10 interviews!) getting so far in their process already. Maybe I should stop checking SDN! :oops:

I emailed Cornell yesterday. I don't think they were planning to respond these emails (probably get tons of them). i think they just do a quick search for your email if you get an interview and then try to accommodate your travel plans.

I emailed Cornell a while ago to let them know I'd be in NY in September, and they did email back telling me I was still under review, and that their interview season hasn't started yet. So you guys should be hearing back from Cornell by email one way or another.

I emailed Cornell a while ago to let them know I'd be in NY in September, and they did email back telling me I was still under review, and that their interview season hasn't started yet. So you guys should be hearing back from Cornell by email one way or another.

cools that's good to know. thanks :)