For those who had University of Maryland interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JcRoughriders

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Maryland interview is coming up. Any tips? The email says we will be interviewed by a faculty and a student... my Nova interview was by two people too, and it was kinda stressful (felt like one question came after another without any chance to take a breath) Is Maryland's interview better?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My Maryland interview is coming up. Any tips? The email says we will be interviewed by a faculty and a student... my Nova interview was by two people too, and it was kinda stressful (felt like one question came after another without any chance to take a breath) Is Maryland's interview better?
Thanks!

I was interview by a student and a faculty member at the same time. I felt like i was getting drilled with questions (some of which were very hard to answer-- such as how would you deal with the problem of lack of insurance, ugh!), although i wouldn't say it was stressful.

UMD was awesome and i hope i get accepted because its my number one choice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man... thats EXACTLY how i felt in Nova... it was the worst feeling ever...

One faculty member and one student interview you at the same time. They had a list of questions that they took notes on for me. For my interview, the student did a lot more of the talking than the staff person. The student directed questions and asked about my responses. It was not too stressful at all.

I had mine last week. It was pretty relaxed, but it was just a series of questions. Not very conversational, but they are easy to talk to. try to find something you can connect about or that you're passionate about to talk about. I was able to do that and it got both the student and faculty member to smile and seem interested! There are no real curve balls or anything, pretty standard!

Good luck!

I was interview by a student and a faculty member at the same time. I felt like i was getting drilled with questions (some of which were very hard to answer-- such as how would you deal with the problem of lack of insurance, ugh!), although i wouldn't say it was stressful.

UMD was awesome and i hope i get accepted because its my number one choice!!

I had a similar experience, except that mine was more unpleasant. I was not given anytime to finish my answers to their questions, and was interrupted frequently. That being said, I came out of the interview feeling a little bruised and beaten! Also, I've heard from other people that they had really wonderful experiences, so I think it just depends on who you get.... :)

The facilities at Maryland are gorgeous though. :)

hey- my interview last yr was alright- the student asked the most stuff and then the prof sort of listen3ed and took notes
over all not too bad

what were ur stats if u dont mind sharing? r u a md resident?
congrats and gl