For Those Who Have Already Gone Through The Process - What Is The "Timeline"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thierryhenry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To decide after you have recieved an acceptance..

For instance if you are early, and do secondaries, and get an interview and a school tells you, you are accepted in let's say nov/dec/jan

Is it like college where for instance by May 1st or something you had to decide to go to just 1 place and to void the other places? For instance if you get into a bunch of schools initially and then are hoping or waiting on your "dream schools," how much leeway or what is the time period between when you get an acceptance and then when they except you to answer them saying you are going there or not?

Thanks for your help/

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the school. some schools are 2 weeks, some schools are a month, some schools are longer. They definately don't give you enough time IMO

Thats why people are holding multiple acceptances. You can always withdraw from a school, but you have to eat the money.

Last edited:
I was accepted to LECOM-B, NSUCOM, and TUCOM-NV, all prior to December 2007. TUCOM-NV wanted $2000 in 2 weeks, but the money was 90% refundable. I don't remember NSUCOM because it was last on my list and I don't think I even opened the acceptance packet they sent me (I got a call on the phone as well). LECOM-B wanted $1500 by December 15 to secure my spot, but it was non-refundable. So, although TUCOM-NV is a quick expense (and more, at that), should you choose another school you can get $1800 of it back.

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow okay so its not like College where May 1st was the last final date, they want $$

this helps please anymore responses help me

PCOM was $250 in 2 wks. then $2000 in 2 months I believe...

Was accepted in Nov.

I see, thanks for people replying, can anyone else shed light on the 90% refundable type thing? I don't have a problem with something like that because you just put the money down regardless. But something like LECOM which gives you an ultimatum in a month or so for $2000 that really puts you in a hard position in my opinion. I am going to be applying to 3 MD schools, 17 DO schools, and St. George/Ross; so yeah.

Both payments for me were 100% not refundable.

The school should tell you though in the letter asking for your cash whether a portion is refundable though.

I was wondering about this too. What happens if you get into a decent school, and you want to accept just to make sure you're going to medical school, but you still want to hear from other schools? Just put down the deposit and be prepared to lose it if accepted elsewhere?

I was wondering about this too. What happens if you get into a decent school, and you want to accept just to make sure you're going to medical school, but you still want to hear from other schools? Just put down the deposit and be prepared to lose it if accepted elsewhere?

precisely.

I bet they have a council that sits down every year somewhere tropical and discusses how to **** premeds over even more.

so how long do you have to make a final decision if you have paid the deposit?

so how long do you have to make a final decision if you have paid the deposit?

Once you pay the deposit, you have till the first day of orientation to drop. They may charge another $1000 in May or June. If you don't show on day1, they drop you.

The good news if you are applying to OSU-COM and get accepted is that the deposit is only $100.

Timeline:

1. Collect underpants
2. ???
3. Profit

Posted via Mobile Device