For those who have gotten Pitt secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you have below the following stats:

MCAT Bio: 9
MCAT PS: 11
MCAT VR: 11
MCAT Writing: R

GPA Science: 3.8
GPA Nonscience: 3.7

I'm just asking because I havent heard from them and I know they screen for secondaries.

Have I been screened out already?

Members don't see this ad.

My GPA's are lower than yours and I just took the MCAT for the first time yesterday. I received Pitt's secondary on 8/16. Their letter, thanking me for submitting a paper copy of AMCAS, was dated 8/3 but postmarked 8/13. The transmissison date to them on my AMCAS app is 8/1. I submitted 7/25 and have not been processed yet. I seriously doubt you would be screened out with those stats!

Baylor21, I sent Pitt a copy of my AMCAS on 8/6 and just received their seconday on 8/18. My MCAT score is also a 31, and a gpa well below yours. Hang in there, it may take time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got Pitt's secondary last week. I've got a much lower GPA than you, so I don't think you were screened out.

pitt doesn't screen

Who does screen? Could someone please start a thread with a list of schools that do?

Baylor,
i've talked to their admissions people, and they said that the screening numbers were "much lower than averages" - i could tell specific numbers weren't forthcoming, but you should be fine for sure.

take care man

Lumi

PS: can you drop me a private message re: interview at UTMB?? Thx

It took like two weeks to get my secondary from Pitt, I was starting to get worried as well. I think they're just busy sending out lots of them.

I haven't seen another school that's screening applications yet out of the 22 I applied to...I wish they would! I would rather not fill out a secondary for a school that already knows they're not interested. :)
(Like the Vanderbilt or Yale secondaries for example...)

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Did any of you have below the following stats:

MCAT Bio: 9
MCAT PS: 11
MCAT VR: 11
MCAT Writing: R

GPA Science: 3.8
GPA Nonscience: 3.7

I'm just asking because I havent heard from them and I know they screen for secondaries.

Have I been screened out already?•

If it makes you feel better, I had the IDENTICAL stats as you last year and I got an interview there. My AMCAS primary was in at the end of July.

(I should add that I'm not a reapplicant, in case you were wondering why I was reading the pre-allopathic forum. The topic just interested me.)