For those who have interviewed at USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SummaryRuled

SummaryRuled
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my final interview comming up in a week... Do you have any advise for the interview........

Do they ask you the typical interview questions as well??

I have been on 7 interviews and waitlisted/no response from everywhere....

Please PM if you can help!!! Please!!

Members don't see this ad.

The USC interview is veryyyyy chill. There isn't too much to prepare for because it is a Problem Based Learning exercise with a group of around 10 students. My best advice is just to be yourself and relax. Also, try not to let what SDNers say sway your opinion of the school. I was so close to not going to the interview because the school had bad reviews....but I absolutely loved it and LA. If you are highly motivated, the PBL program shouldn't be too much of a concern...it's what you make of the program. Its rare that you can take a highly motivated person and put them in an environment where they won't succeed. The students are soo friendly and amazing too. Meet as many of them as you can. It was a great fit for me...best of luck. Be yourself and enjoy the school!!

The USC interview is veryyyyy chill. There isn't too much to prepare for because it is a Problem Based Learning exercise with a group of around 10 students. My best advice is just to be yourself and relax. Also, try not to let what SDNers say sway your opinion of the school. I was so close to not going to the interview because the school had bad reviews....but I absolutely loved it and LA. If you are highly motivated, the PBL program shouldn't be too much of a concern...it's what you make of the program. Its rare that you can take a highly motivated person and put them in an environment where they won't succeed. The students are soo friendly and amazing too. Meet as many of them as you can. It was a great fit for me...best of luck. Be yourself and enjoy the school!!

Totally agreed...:thumbup: go to the interview...relax...no one is going to ask you any questions...have questions prepared though if you are curious about anything so you can ask...no other interview is as chill...talk during the PBL but don't feel the need to cut anyone off or be the one sayin everything...just be PART of hte group don't stand alone...include urself in what others say...the shcool is all about how motivated YOU are....no one is going to spoonfeed you and push you...you have to do it yourself......everyone is sooo negative about the school but every student I have talked to...including some people who are graduating in May that I know loved it...of course there are some annoying things about the school but what school doesn't...and anyone who says a certain school is perfect isn't tellin the truth...GOODLUCK TO YOU!!! JUST RELAX you have nothing left to prove.....YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE MOST IMPORTANT PART....so just exhale... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my final interview comming up in a week... Do you have any advise for the interview........

Do they ask you the typical interview questions as well??

I have been on 7 interviews and waitlisted/no response from everywhere....

Please PM if you can help!!! Please!!

There is a writing sample, so my advice is to spell advice and the rest of your words right!:)

Dont scare me with a writing sample. Everythign i write takes 10x as long as a normal person.

I did my undergrad at USC so i know a lto abotu the school. I'm very excited to go on the interview!

Dont scare me with a writing sample. Everythign i write takes 10x as long as a normal person.

I did my undergrad at USC so i know a lto abotu the school. I'm very excited to go on the interview!

I was kidding about "advise", but there really is a writing sample (well, at least on my interview date last month there was).