For those who have received Dartmouth or Wayne State secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me what the letter of reference requirements are? These two secondaries were sent to my house and I can't check until after summer school ends. My school's LOR service gives a "discount" if multiple schools are sent within one request, and I need to send UCD's and UCSF's letters today (thought I would save some money if possible). In particular, do these schools set a maximum on the number of letters? Do they allow for additional letters from research, volunteering, etc.? Thanks. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Dartmouth

http://www.dartmouth.edu/dms/admissions/secapp/

...and either a composite letter of recommendation from the premedical committee at your undergraduate college, or two individual letters of reference. Graduate students should include among their letters one from the thesis advisor and at least one from the undergraduate college. Please ask your letter-writers to include your AAMC ID number, if available, or social security number on their correspondence. You might consider providing each of your letter-writers with your own self-addressed post card to be included with his/her submission so that you may hear from us more rapidly that the letter has been received.

The Secondary Application should be completed and returned to us as soon as possible at Dartmouth Medical School, Office of Admissions, 3 Rope Ferry Road, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755-1404.

Wayne State

Committee Letter or 3 letters, 2+ from faculty. If post-bacc or grad student, you are strongly encouraged to submit a letter from them.

Wayne State University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
540 East Canfield, Room 1310
Detroit, MI 48201

It doesn't say if extra LoRs are acceptable.