docolive

DOColive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
noise-canceling head phones were excellent. I never felt so focused...no distractions---cubicle-style seating, scratch paper/pencil.

HristosKaran

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
noise-canceling head phones were excellent. I never felt so focused...no distractions---cubicle-style seating, scratch paper/pencil.

Sounds good, the only thing is after awhile I start to get paranoid that I'm making some kind of wierd noise that I can't hear but every1 else can :laugh: ..but I def. will be using them on test day!

About the Ads

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

This sounds like test taking heaven to me! I love really enclosed spaces for concentrating...I'm a weirdo

bigdog8829

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
man all you guys are lucky.
i had to sit at a desk (like the ones you use in high school where you squeeze in and out of from the side). also we had 120+ test takers in one room. with a loudspeaker.
your own desk with headphones!!!

docolive

DOColive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My stomach growls...:(

Don't worry...you can't hear any growling through those things. lol, speaking of which, I just saw a Bose commercial for nose-reducing headphones....:laugh: They were like, "once created for airplane use...." and "now use them to unwind after a rough day *shows person laying in the sunshine with big MCAT-like headphones*" :D

docolive

DOColive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This sounds like test taking heaven to me! I love really enclosed spaces for concentrating...I'm a weirdo

Heaven---maybe; I too, like the cublicle-set-up. Much better than the loud mother/daughter proctors I had in August (paper version). I voided, in part, because of this distraction. I mean, seriously, this guy and myself were sitting right in the front....and these proctors (mama and daughter) would not zip it.
I don't know what they were smoking..definitely not the MCAT. :eek:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.