For Those Who Have Taken the OAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raleighzia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing the practice OAT and DAT exams which are pretty similar. I have heard that it's the closest thing to the real OAT. A lot of these problems are a bit simpler (not that I think I know everything). Who felt that the OAT was harder than the opted practice tests and what would you compare it to as far as prep tests are concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

The actual OAT is very similar to the sample OAT in term of style and difficulty. I have encountered one exact question from the sample OAT on my actual OAT. My actual OAT score is the same as the sample OAT, so I think the sample is a good indicator of how well you will do in the actual exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you jc. What would you say compares most to the reading on OAT? OAT Achiever is kicking my butt and I know the opted test is not a good indicator.

The sample OAT is definitely the closest to the actual test. In my case I found the physics section on the real OAT to be slightly harder because I got some wave and simple harmonic questions.
As for the reading section I would read many free Scientific American or Discover magazine articles- they tend to be the same length/depth as RC and are semi-scientific and semi-boring as well. Good luck!