For those who interviewed at Arizona dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbright

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, for those of you who have interviewed at arizona dental school, can you please summarize what happened during the course of the day and during the interview? what types of political questions were asked? Was there an essay? if so, what was the essay about? alright, thanks so much for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

No essay. You're gathered in a room, you get an introduction by the dean, have a manual dexterity test, do a group activity, have a short break and then go into interviews. Panel interview, self-tour of school, financial aid session, a review of your transcript to make sure you are going to meet the pre-req's and then another tour of the clinic and stuff. That's about it.

Exactly as above poster said.

Don't worry about the questions. Why? For two reasons:

1) When talking to current students in AZ, they all agreed that getting them all correct was not the important part. All they want to see is if you don't live on Mars and know a little bit outside biology and chemistry. I think they want to see how you handle yourself by being interogated. In fact, I'm pretty sure at least one of the questions is designed to be super hard and they don't expect you to get right.

2) You can't study for them so don't stress about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
did u guys enjoy your experiences at that school? the faculty doesnt sound that nice

The ones I met that were teaching were alright. The ones that were doing the interviewing were not that nice at all and I think they may have meant to be that way. If they didn't, well, then they suck. :)