For those who interviewed.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dynezxice

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it appropriate to ask for their business card or contact info at the end of the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I should think so. Wish I had done this at my first interview.

Personally, I'd feel a little weird asking for contact info, but maybe that's just me. One of my interviewers gave me his email address at the end of the interview, but I didn't ask for it, he just gave it to me. It was nice though, cuz I definitely emailed him questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I wouldn't say, "Oh before I go, could I get your contact info?" but maybe I would say, "Do you have a business card?" I think asking for a business card is a more tactful, professional way to go about it. They'll get what you're going for, and if they're willing, volunteer more.

Well, I don't actually know what they're thinking, but this makes sense to me.

I asked for business cards last cycle when I interviewed so I could send thank you cards. No one thought it was odd or anything that I asked.

This cycle, I just remembered my interviewers' names and sent the thank you cards to:

[Interviewer name]
c/o [school name]
Office of Admissions
Admissions Rd.
City, State Zip

They got there just fine that way.

Is it appropriate to ask for their business card or contact info at the end of the interview?

You can. Or you can just ask/email the recruiting coordinator. Or you can jot down the interviewer's name and find them on the school website (most of the time). Or just mail to them c/o the admissions office. Lots of options. But no, there's nothing wrong with asking for a business card, particularly if you see them right on the desk.

That sounds great!! Thanks for all the various replies, guys.