For those who recently took the OAT

kilegna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know how many (more less) Quantitative comparison questions did you encounter in the OAT.
& Also how many more less trig/ geometry.

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

hi. I wrote mine on August 31st. There was NO trigonometry, but there was some geometry. It had more to do with perimeter and area. It'd set it up as a word problem. There were many comparison questions. I can't remember the amount but it was definitely more than 7. It slowed me down a lot.

I took mine Sept 11 and I can honestly tell you I got more quantitative comparison than I anticipated :/

I took it about 2 weeks ago and there was no trig for me, but there was at least 1 geometry. There were a few quantitative comparison questions, but nothing excessive.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, it was all equations. so either inequalities or just solving for x and then having to compare the two.

Reactions: 1 user
quiet a bit of comparison questions, bunch of graphs (pie, bar, etc) and I had one trig question. I took mine 10/12/17. I recommend going through the easiest and quickest question and skipping those that will take longer.

quiet a bit of comparison questions, bunch of graphs (pie, bar, etc) and I had one trig question. I took mine 10/12/17. I recommend going through the easiest and quickest question and skipping those that will take longer.

Does the physical sciences portion test you on Doppler effect?
Are constants given or do you need to memorize Rydberg, Planck's constants with units?
Lastly, did the reading comprehension section or any section allow you to strike out the WRONG multiple choice answers?

Thank you!

For anyone who took, how were recent OATs compared to the Kaplan Big Bluebook FL practice tests 1 and 2? Those and the book didn't emphasize a lot of comparisons IMO. Thanks

For anyone who took, how were recent OATs compared to the Kaplan Big Bluebook FL practice tests 1 and 2? Those and the book didn't emphasize a lot of comparisons IMO. Thanks
The Kaplan practice tests were a bit more difficult (i.e. people tend to have gotten lower scores on those than they did on the actual OAT). Same thing happened with me as I thought I did horrible on the practice tests and wasn't ready, but scored higher on the actual OAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the physical sciences portion test you on Doppler effect?
Are constants given or do you need to memorize Rydberg, Planck's constants with units?
Lastly, did the reading comprehension section or any section allow you to strike out the WRONG multiple choice answers?

Thank you!

I don't remember if those topics were on my exam, but I think its worth going over them quickly if you can. You are able to strike out the wrong answer choice by right clicking in all parts of the OAT.

I personally found the ADA practice test to be the most accurate representation of the OAT.