• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

xDent09

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
Many people have posted that they will send their application the first day may15, how is that possible, dont you have to print the matching forms and take to the college and it takes them at least 3 days to send it?

sarah_bellum

^ ban pls.
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It doesn't have to be May 15. Have it done by June 1, and you'll be in the first batch of mailings.

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
it is very possible to complete your aadsas application on may 15 (its quite long) and send in the other materials that same week. Granted you whole application will not be complete, but a big chunk of it will be out of the way.

About the Ads

ummjoey

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Many people have posted that they will send their application the first day may15, how is that possible, dont you have to print the matching forms and take to the college and it takes them at least 3 days to send it?

i think it is possible to submit your application may 15th. fill everything out and print out the correct matching forms then hit submit.

i wouldnt recommend submitting may 15th. i would spend at least 1-2 more days looking over you application for grammar errors.

i tell people may 15th because i dont want them to be lazy. if i tell them beginning of june they probably wont bother with the application until june. if i tell them may 15th at least they will look at the application the first day it comes out. in my mind, it just seems people will be more motivated if i tell them a specifc date..........

caffeinehigh

Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I think that the general rule of thumb is that since the application officially opens May 15th (which may happen a few days earlier or later) you want to have your application submitted as early as possible while still making sure that it is perfect.

rimmies

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It's possible to submit on the 15th, your transcripts just won't be in yet. You will also need to get in your LOR's at some point as well.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.