For those who still have not sent out their secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastapplicant

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so how late is it now? Anyone know specifically about Northwestern or Vanderbilt?

Members don't see this ad.

northwestern has a tight deadline-- when is yours?

My friends just finished their vandy stuff before they went to their interview

You do not need to fill out Vandy's secondary unless you are invited for an interview. In the event you are selected for an interview then your secondary must be returned to the office by the day you interview. When I interviewed there some people brought their secondaries with them to the interview and turned it in to the office when the day started.

Northwestern puts deadlines on their secondary and LORs. So if you are given a Northwestern Secondary there will be a date telling you when it must be completed and returned by.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you saying that Vandy gives you an interview BEFORE you send in your secondary? Hasn't happened to me... Or do they only tell you this, after they get your check (along with the secondary)?

Are you saying that Vandy gives you an interview BEFORE you send in your secondary?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. They grant interviews based on your primary application. They don't care about your secondary unless they grant you an interview. So if you fork over the dough and write an autobiography and send it in without being granted an interview, they could care less about it and it will not play a role in whether you are granted that interview or not. But if you are invited to interview you must have the secondary and all supporting materials in by the date you interview.

Or do they only tell you this, after they get your check (along with the secondary)?

They do not explicitly state this anywhere on their website(as far as I know). However if you would like to verify this give the admissions office a call. They will tell you the same thing. People have complained about their policy as it has caused many applicants to lose the $75 app fee(or is it $70?) for no reason. Rumor is they are going to make this policy more clear on their website next year.

I suggest you give the admissions office a call to verify this info for yourself.

Wow thanks so much. I was planning on writing the lengthy Vandy secondary this weekend and it would very much suck if it was all for nothing. So I will call, be annoying, and ask them whether or not I should write it. Intimidating but better than wasting time/money I guess. Thx again.