For those who took the EPPP early...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iheartbacon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people applying for licensure at the master's level in different states so they could take the EPPP while on internship. Has anyone done this recently? If so, did you find this overall helpful or did applying for licensure in another state end up being more trouble than it was worth?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of people applying for licensure at the master's level in different states so they could take the EPPP while on internship. Has anyone done this recently? If so, did you find this overall helpful or did applying for licensure in another state end up being more trouble than it was worth?
I applied to take the EPPP during month 7 of internship through WV. The process was relatively easy and they have a process specific to taking the exam without having to apply for masters-level licensure. I’m now licensed and had little difficulty having my score transferred.

Kansas was a popular state to do this, and also I believe Michigan. I had some people in my internship cohort (10+ yrs ago) apply through Kansas, and it was pretty straight forward. We were fortunate to have a very supportive site that gave us protected time for research (to complete dissertation) and if done we could use that time for independent research and/or EPPP studying. While this isn't something built into most sites, it may be worth asking about. Trying to do all of this on post-doc is definitely more stressful, but YMMV.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to take the EPPP during month 7 of internship through WV. The process was relatively easy and they have a process specific to taking the exam without having to apply for masters-level licensure. I’m now licensed and had little difficulty having my score transferred.
Hi! I am now in this boat (currently at the 6th month mark). I looked on their website and I saw a highlighted sentence to the effect of supervised hours need to have come from WV licensed folks. Do you know anything about this, or maybe i was in the wrong place when I saw this information?

I just did this through Kentucky - it is amazing to have it done prior to ending internship