For those who took the mcat a second time, how did you feel taking the test again? Did you do better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i figure just going through the process once (no worries about what might happen at the test center) and getting even more of an idea of the questions asked and what your weaknesses are might help you a little bit. Does and did your score improve, since you had more exposure and more time to work on your weaknesses? im wondering because i might have to retake mine but idk my results until late february.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't gotten my scores back, but I felt A LOT better this time. My test was easier (for me at least) and I was less nervous before taking it. However, it is not a good idea to just take it "without worries." If you get a low score and do better the second time, med schools can still see your first score and it could work against you. Study hard so you won't have to take it a second time. I had more leeway because I'm BS/MD, but if you're traditional this is definitely not the best idea.