For those who were accepted to NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowbear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, because they sent my acceptance to my dad's house, I have no idea what it says. My dad says that I don't have to respond to them until May, but I highly doubt that, seeing as all of the other schools that I know say two weeks. I am ultimately going to decline the acceptance, but I want to know if there's a deadline or something just becasue I want to be respectful of them, especially because they were so respectful of me on my interview day. Also, is there is a form that we should send back, or will a letter suffice? Any info that you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much guys and good luck,
snowbear

Members don't see this ad.

i think my acceptance said the same thing. i declined about 3 weeks after i got it.

uh oh, i just threw my acceptance in the trash, did i have to write back?

i thought you respond in 3 weeks if you are accepting it?

was that bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DoctorKevin
:laugh: Nice DoctorKevin. I remember last August when both of us were worried when we didn't have any interviews and all we wanted was at least one acceptance from anywhere.

Oh how things have changed...:)

lol, i know, but seriously i figure that's why they have the 2 week deadline or whatever... why do they need a 2 line letter form me saying no?

Kevin, it in fact is bad, here's why:
If they mess up, and leave you in the class, on May 15th you will be dropped from there and from the school you actually want to go to. b/c you never responded, you will have no paper trail to back you up and will be trusting to them to review their records and clear you. it's a lot less trouble to send an email saying thanks but no thanks and keep a copy for yourself.

Really. I never knew that. Does the same go for interview invites. If you receive an interview invite but just never responded to it, can that have similar consequences as you stated?

i hope not bc i've thrown away interview invites too with deadlines to respond...

blah, ok i'll call them all up.

if the schools aren't responding to me post secondary telling me they don't want me... why do i have to respond to the schools saying i don't want them? i'm just going with the flow of the process.

Thanks Mr. Rosewater, I guess i should trust what my dad tells me.

Kevin, the chances are that not responding to interview invites and acceptances will not hurt you, but if it's not too much trouble you should at least call to cover your bases. That would suck if something got messed up because you didn't respond.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin

Dude, what kind of attitude is that? you don't just throw an acceptance in the trash, you gotta respect the school and your fellow applicants, ie: that spot coulda gone to someone else much faster if you just wrote a polite letter to the school declining your spot. That also goes for the interviews you just threw in the trash.

It was nice enough of the committee to grant you an interview/acceptance, so return the curtesy, call and decline! what about your fellow applicants who are dying to get one interview at this time... or who would love to go to NYMC for one reason or another.

Something to think about..........

I don't think ignoring an interview invite would be a problem, it's just the acceptances that may be playing w/ fire. also, i'd really email rather than call, it's the paper trail you're after (save a copy).

It would still be good to decline an interview. Some schools schedule you in for a date, and if you decline, they can offer that spot to someone else. Give your fellow applicants a shot!