For those who were completed very early last cycle, how long did you have to wait to hear back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was complete at nearly all of the schools I applied to by mid-July, but have only heard back from 1 school. Even my state school hasn't sent me anything beyond a completion email.

Most of my schools I applied to are those which my stats are in range, so I assumed I'd be competitive.

I am not worrying yet because I know I still have until Thanksgiving to hear back and be in good status.

Is it normal to not hear back from most of my schools even though I was complete super early? To those that were complete early (pre-August) last cycle, when did you hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

if you haven't heard back yet

that means you haven't been rejected yet

that's good

relax

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't most schools just not say anything lol and then reject you in the spring?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When I applied a few cycles back, the schools w/ 10k+ apps tend to silent reject (meaning you don't find out till March... or never at all). Smaller and regionally-based schools are more proactive.

When I applied a few cycles back, the schools w/ 10k+ apps tend to silent reject (meaning you don't find out till March... or never at all). Smaller and regionally-based schools are more proactive.

So schools like wake forest?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So does the "don't panic til thanksgiving" idea apply for those who submitted applications early July as well?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

My application was complete at nearly all of the schools I applied to by mid-July, but have only heard back from 1 school. Even my state school hasn't sent me anything beyond a completion email.

Most of my schools I applied to are those which my stats are in range, so I assumed I'd be competitive.

I am not worrying yet because I know I still have until Thanksgiving to hear back and be in good status.

Is it normal to not hear back from most of my schools even though I was complete super early? To those that were complete early (pre-August) last cycle, when did you hear back?