For those who were completed very early last cycle, how long did you have to wait to hear back?

Jan 10, 2015
My application was complete at nearly all of the schools I applied to by mid-July, but have only heard back from 1 school. Even my state school hasn't sent me anything beyond a completion email.

Most of my schools I applied to are those which my stats are in range, so I assumed I'd be competitive.

I am not worrying yet because I know I still have until Thanksgiving to hear back and be in good status.

Is it normal to not hear back from most of my schools even though I was complete super early? To those that were complete early (pre-August) last cycle, when did you hear back?

DingoPingo

5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
if you haven't heard back yet

that means you haven't been rejected yet

that's good

relax

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Review of apps is not simply done in a linear chronological order. High achievers, URM, family of alumni, feeder schools, associated UG programs, linked postbaccs, and other factor may push an app forward in the process.

Reactions: gyngyn

salemstein

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't most schools just not say anything lol and then reject you in the spring?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When I applied a few cycles back, the schools w/ 10k+ apps tend to silent reject (meaning you don't find out till March... or never at all). Smaller and regionally-based schools are more proactive.

May 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
When I applied a few cycles back, the schools w/ 10k+ apps tend to silent reject (meaning you don't find out till March... or never at all). Smaller and regionally-based schools are more proactive.
So schools like wake forest?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jan 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
So does the "don't panic til thanksgiving" idea apply for those who submitted applications early July as well?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
So does the "don't panic til thanksgiving" idea apply for those who submitted applications early July as well?
yes applications and II are not neccessarily done in chronological order

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

My application was complete at nearly all of the schools I applied to by mid-July, but have only heard back from 1 school. Even my state school hasn't sent me anything beyond a completion email.

Most of my schools I applied to are those which my stats are in range, so I assumed I'd be competitive.

I am not worrying yet because I know I still have until Thanksgiving to hear back and be in good status.

Is it normal to not hear back from most of my schools even though I was complete super early? To those that were complete early (pre-August) last cycle, when did you hear back?