ZainZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
I understand that there is a presentation by the Dean at the end of the day...

How feasable would it be to leave before the presentation (or maybe in the middle of it)? I need to make sure I catch my flight that day, and Yes, I know this is not a good idea :rolleyes:

Is there someone who stays with you during the whole day and would notice if a person was gone? Do they meet with everyone individually at the end of the presentation?

Any helpful info would be great! :)

FutureHuskerDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
Las Vegas
Status
Medical Student
Right before he gave the presentation, he asked if there was anybody who needed to leave early, so I don't think it would be a huge problem. If ya hafta catch a flight, ya hafta catch a flight! Just let them know before the presentation starts and you should be fine!

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
there was a girl who left early during my interview...its not that big of a deal..

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
there was a girl who left the day I interviewed too. She left before the presentation though, no one seemed to mind, although I don't know what her excuse was...
The presentation was pretty informative, and I didn't find it to be all that drawn out. If you can stay, I'd probably stay (and besides, the dean ended up being one of my interviewers because the DO was stuck in surgery, so...)
:confused:

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
I think you're fine as long as you explain why you need to leave early. The admissions people will likely be very accommodating of your flight schedule.

SarahJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
Status
I interviewed back in Sept and will be attending AZCOM in the fall :) To answer your question.. I was the only interviewee who left directly after my interview (from the group that interviewed with me). The admissions staff was completely understanding of the fact that my flight back to the East coast left around 2 pm and i needed to make it to the airport. The only downside was that I heard that the ending presentation was the best part of the day.