? for those who've interviewed at U. Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take after they received your LOR's and pic before they invited you for an interview? And do you know what percentage of people they interview after requesting those items?

Members don't see this ad.

My situation was a little strange because their system kept rejecting my submitted secondary without telling me. But I sent in my LOR's and pic at the end of august, and submitted the secondary the first time then. I submitted it 2 more times though, and they finally said they had it around October 6. They invited me for the interview only a month later. So hang in there and good luck! For your second question I am not sure, but I do know that once you get an interview you have almost a 70% chance of getting in if you are out-of-state so this step is probably a relatively large cut.

They interview about 25% of the people who they ask to send their letters in :)

And it took them about 1 month after i sent in my letters for them to send me an interview notice.

They actually called to say I had an interview. very nice of them :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say it took them about 3 weeks to schedule an interview after requesting my lors and pic. Their turnaround time is pretty good. I heard back exactly a month after my interview that I was accetped.

SMW,

After sending in letters and picture, I got an interview about 2 weeks later. I had to push it back to January because of school reasons.

Right now, I'm leaning towards cancelling my interview and withdrawing my app. I have spent so much money at this point that its hard to justify the expense.

Michigan's a great program though. Good luck.

They invited me for an interview less than 24 hours after requesting that I send my LORs and photo. So, I guess you could say I got the interview invite about three or four days before they received my stuff. :)

Whoa, Sprocket, I was just about to post that I guess I should just be more patient seeing as I only had my letters sent 3 days ago, when you had to go and get my hopes up for an immediate invite!

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

SMW, sorry to go getting your hopes up like that. :) I am not exactly sure how their process works, because I and at least one other person I know received the interview invite before even having submitted the secondary app. If it helps, I am an in-state applicant, which probably has something to do with the fast turnaround time. Anyway, hang in there, I'll be rooting for you!