1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For those with interviews at NYMC....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Paranoid Android, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Paranoid Android

7+ Year Member

Did you have a status update after "Application under review" on their web page when you were invited for an interview? Also, how long was it from the date that your "file went under review" (from the status check) until you got the interview invitation? Your help is always appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I, too, am curious about this. I know that this topic has come up before but no one seems to want to answer it. My file has been under review since 9/26 - once they make a decision, will the website reflect this?

4. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

My file was complete 26 September. Got an email invite 04 October. Status check website reflects this.

5. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    MY FILE WAS COMPLETE ON 9/26 AND THE EMAIL INVITE WAS SENT 10/26.

6. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my file was complete 9/26 and an interview invite was sent 10/11. confirmation of my interview was posted two hours after i called to schedule it.

7. trip

trip Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

My file was also complete on 9/26, and I received the interview invite on 10/26.

For those who are interviewing there, have you tried calling other NY med schools to see if you can interview with them? (This is assuming if you haven't received interview invites from the other NY schools)

8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone. I called NYMC when I had an interview at Einstein. I had already recieved my invite and they were unable to accomodate me for the days I was in NY. I'm flying back there again after Thanksgiving when they also gave me a difficult time of scheduling.

I'm not going to contact my other NY schools at this time (Cornell, Sinai, and NYU) because I'm right at or slightly below their averages. I fear asking them to review my file this early in the process may hurt me and I'd rather deal with the financial burden if I need to fly to NY a third time :)

9. 777

777 Member
    10+ Year Member

Isn't true that the point of applying early is so that your application is reviewed earlier, which means you'll have a better chance of getting accepted. So if that's true asking schools to review your file now in order to schedule interviews would be benificial, even to school where your averages are slightly below their averages. Am I wrong?

10. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My file is currently under review at NYU, Cornell and Mt. Sinai. It's been complete at all of the schools since early August except NYU where I just got the postcard. My pre-med advisor said it's unwise for me at this time to request an expeditious review of my file for interview purposes.