For those with Mt. Sinai Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
V

VirtuoJ

For those of you who received Mt. Sinai interviews, how long did it take between when your app was complete and when you received the invitation? Also, was it by email or snail mail?

My application has been complete since late August and I haven't heard anything back yet. I've called many times but the lady just says that my application is out for review. I really want to push them because I have NYC interviews coming up and want to schedule Mt. Sinai in that week (if i do get an interview) so I don't have to make another trip to NYC again.

Has anyone else waited this long and not gotten any response from Mt. Sinai yet? Also, do any of you know how accomodating Mt. Sinai with stuff like this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

VirtuoJ,

Not to worry. Myself and a fellow co-worker are in the same situation - sent out our apps to Mt. Sinai (and others) late August but have yet to hear anything except for a postcard confirming the application is complete. It's tough to be patient I have to say!

Good luck on those interviews! :)

Me too. Completed everything in August. Called them up, they told me all my stuff is in; but they never sent me a postcard... weird

Members don't see this ad :)
I also submitted my secondary in mid-august and haven't heard anything. I spoke to one of the admission officers at a pre-health fair about a week and a half ago. He said that they just started to get on the applications and that they are just backed up and he told me that they like to give each file its own individual attention (which is a nice line to make it seem like its OK that they take a long time), so it may take awhile, and don't flip out.

i haven't heard from them either....:(

i :love: mount sinai...i wish they would interview me!

nothing here either... i think mt. sinai is renown for interviewing late. a friend who is now a first year in med school told me this...

"the ny schools are really late inviting people for interviews...especially mt sinai. most of my friends didn't interview at sinai until jan. anywayz, they're just slow."

I never got a postcard from them, but I did receive an interview invite via email last week (sent them the secondary in early September). They don't give you much notice - 2 weeks.

i haven't heard a peep out of them either...i wish they would interview me...i wonder if they do "pity interviews..."

has anyone noticed, though, that the secretary at admissions doesn't seem to have a very strong grasp of the english language? the first time i emailed her about my app, this is what she wrote (word for word):

"Your application process is complete, We have not received your
recommendation to complete your application for screening."

the second time i emailed her about my app, this is what she wrote:

"Yes, Your application is complete for screening, when that happens, I can't tell you only when the committee tells me."

eek. what are you trying to say, miss mt. sinai? alas, this is the best i got. no postcard for this groveling applicant.

My application was complete with them in late August and I got my interview invitation on October 11th...

but I have heard that they are very slow in the process and they go over everyones app one at a time..so I dont think that ppl who havent heard yet have anything to worry about...

hope this helps...

No love from Sinai, not even the postcard. Everything should have been into them from me by late August.

Hi, i just received an invite last monday, 11/11/02, and they cashed my check on 10/10/02, and i sent out my secondary on 9/17/02. I think they just are throwing darts or something, good luck!

They're really slow, so just be patient.
I sent in my secondary the 2nd week of September and received an invitation via e-mail today (the date's for late January!).