For those with NO BS/BA degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmMnM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where did you get accepted? Also tell us what part of your application you think stood out that got you accepted without a prior degree.

Members don't see this ad.

UF, NOVA, LECOM, MERCER, etc don't care if you got a degree (especially UF).
As long as you maintain a 4.0 gpa, 90s PCAT score, and have pharmacy experience, you have more chance than a bachelor graduate who has slightly lower stats.

ForTce said:
As long as you maintain a 4.0 gpa, 90s PCAT score, and have pharmacy experience, you have more chance than a bachelor graduate who has slightly lower stats.

true, keep up the 4.0 and good pcat, your chance of getting into a school will be just as competitive or even more than people with bs..........

Members don't see this ad :)
ForTce said:

What is UF? where is it?

wow that means I have zelch chance of getting in since my GPA is wwaayy off from 4.0

PharmMnM said:
What is UF? where is it?

wow that means I have zelch chance of getting in since my GPA is wwaayy off from 4.0

UF=University of Florida - It's in Gainsville, northern Florida

Just do the best you can and try it out. I know I'd hate to wonder for another whole year if I would have got it if I would have applied. My GPA is not a 4.0 either. I'm sitting around a 3.7 . I will still apply for Fall '07 without a BS.

JGo said:
UF=University of Florida - It's in Gainsville, northern Florida

Just do the best you can and try it out. I know I'd hate to wonder for another whole year if I would have got it if I would have applied. My GPA is not a 4.0 either. I'm sitting around a 3.7 . I will still apply for Fall '07 without a BS.

Well, I'm living in Jacksonville, Florida, and I am wondering UF offers 4 different places ( Jacksonville, Olrando, Gainsville, and one more- I don't remember- s.t pittsburg? ) and student are tradtionally selected at least 80 students at each campus. I am also planning to take all pre-reqs in FCCJ (Florida Community College Jacksonville) for 2 yrs and will be scared If UF doesn't accept CC pre-reqs. (someone told me that they don't care a CC credit) There are a lots of students have a plan to apply a pharmacy school included UF around me. Believe or not, UF is one of the top pharmacy colleges in the U.S, 4th ranked in a college report ( a quite well-known website). "Earning 4.0 GPA" I think is almost Impossible cuz there are some unexpected classes you will have..
P.S where are you living? in Florida, if so, give me information about UF. Oh, I have a question for you. One of my friends said that international students can't apply to a pharmacy school in Florida. Isn't it true? I don't think so... If yes, "Oh, My God" I gonna move other states.. haha

wnnr1119 said:
Well, I'm living in Jacksonville, Florida, and I am wondering UF offers 4 different places ( Jacksonville, Olrando, Gainsville, and one more- I don't remember- s.t pittsburg? ) and student are tradtionally selected at least 80 students at each campus. I am also planning to take all pre-reqs in FCCJ (Florida Community College Jacksonville) for 2 yrs and will be scared If UF doesn't accept CC pre-reqs. (someone told me that they don't care a CC credit) There are a lots of students have a plan to apply a pharmacy school included UF around me. Believe or not, UF is one of the top pharmacy colleges in the U.S, 4th ranked in a college report ( a quite well-known website). "Earning 4.0 GPA" I think is almost Impossible cuz there are some unexpected classes you will have..
P.S where are you living? in Florida, if so, give me information about UF. Oh, I have a question for you. One of my friends said that international students can't apply to a pharmacy school in Florida. Isn't it true? I don't think so... If yes, "Oh, My God" I gonna move other states.. haha

Hi there,

UF doesn't care where you took all your pharm pre-requisites, you can take them at Yale, Harvard, Stanford or take them in a community college, UF REALLY doesn't care at all.
First, UF only favors Florida residents (little chance or no chance for international students), but out-of-state are welcomed.
Second, they calculate the gpa based on their pre-pharmacy core (A&P, Orgo, General chem, Calculus, Physics, speaking).
UF doesn't look at the overall GPA. They DON'T.
So it is VERY easy to get a 4.0 GPA.
That's the reason why UF focuses more on the PCAT.