FOR TRADE: 40D lens, looking for 60D lens

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

z11

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a lens trade.

I have a 40D lens, great for peds, and wish to trade it for a 60D lens.

No scratches, and in great shape.

Members don't see this ad.

Pardon my ignorance, what the heck would you use a 40D or 60D lens for? I use a 28D lens for peds and if the image through the BIO was any smaller you wouldn't be able to see anything.

That seems like either too much mag for slit lamp use or too little for BIO

Pardon my ignorance, what the heck would you use a 40D or 60D lens for? I use a 28D lens for peds and if the image through the BIO was any smaller you wouldn't be able to see anything.

That seems like either too much mag for slit lamp use or too little for BIO

40D's are use for undilated ped exams of the periph fundus, or for super high mag exams of the optic nerve head.

I'm looking for a 60D because it provides the ideal mag that I want to examine the optic nerve and macula, with 16X mag on the slit lamp, everything is super large, and any drusen or heme can easily be seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
40D's are use for undilated ped exams of the periph fundus, or for super high mag exams of the optic nerve head.

I'm looking for a 60D because it provides the ideal mag that I want to examine the optic nerve and macula, with 16X mag on the slit lamp, everything is super large, and any drusen or heme can easily be seen.

Have you tried 78D lens? Much easier to come by and if you can't see drusen and hemes with that then you won't with anything. Microaneurysms are about the smallest thing you will ever look for and are readily apparent with 78 D if you are decent at the SL.

Have you tried 78D lens? Much easier to come by and if you can't see drusen and hemes with that then you won't with anything. Microaneurysms are about the smallest thing you will ever look for and are readily apparent with 78 D if you are decent at the SL.

I also have a 78D lens as well. I know it sounds like overkill, but I like using the high mag lens for my diabetic and glc patients. For me, it just makes it easier to spot that one heme in the posterior pole.

Anyone have a 4-mirror Sussman they want to part with?

I can do cash or trade for a Volk 3 mirror.