For verbal how often do you go back to passage to verify answer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkelton

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you scored well on the verbal portion of actual MCAT (i.e. around 9 or above) how many questions per passage do you go back to passage to verify answer? I.E. if there is 6 questions in a verbal passage on average how many questions do you re-look/verify in passage.....3, 4 , 5, 6??

Members don't see this ad.

well i haven't taken the actual mcat, but i'm doing okay on the ek/aamcs. and from what i've seen from ek advice, the most you should be going back is 4/7 times maybe. if you are really fast, and can do 7/7 ...then awesome. but for most people going back more than 4 times will lead to time pressure, which leads to missed easy questions.

I VERY rarely go back and when I do, it's because I've already finished the test. I think out of a whole test I probably only go back to a few questions. When you're starting to take verbal practice tests, you should never go back to the passage. This gives you a bad habit that can kill your timing.