For what it's worth, BOARD STUDY SCHEDULE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goofyone

Ohhh sexy girlfriend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been working on this for awhile now. My schedule is whacky, because I'm taking COMLEX and USMLE with a couple weeks in between, and I had to plan around other school activities.

I intentionally didn't make it too detailed to allow myself some flexibility should I become bored with one thing.

PHASE I: OVERVIEW
April 10-18 (1 week)
Approximate study time available: 90 hours
Goals: Gold Standard- All (Priorities: Path, Pharm, Phys, Micro)
First Aid- All

PHASE II: INTEGRATIVE
April 19- May9 (3 weeks)
Approximate study time available: 100 hours
Goals:
Savarese OMT Review
BRS Path
BRS Physio
BRS Behavioral
HY Anatomy
HY Neuroanatomy
MRS Micro
Katzung Pharm- Chapter 1 + Appendix (quick review)
Lippincott Biochem- Figures only
Moore-Dalley- Clinical Boxes
Q?s from NMS, Mosby?s, A&L by subject during evening

PHASE III: COMLEX CRUSHER
May 11- June 8 (4 weeks)
Approximate study time available: 335 hours
Goals: Review Books- anything I didn't finish from phase 2Micro- Levinson-Jawetz for immunology
Micro Flash Cards
Pharm- Katzung/MRS- weak areas
Pharm Flash Cards
Gold Standard Revisited:
Pharm, Path, Physio, Micro
Savarese- high-yield boxes
Goljan HY Path Notes
Path- Robbins Review by Klatt
Goljan Lecture
Goljan Notes
Web-Path- Weak areas only
Dubin EKG
First Aid Revisited
MRS USMLE Step 1
Kaplan Q-Bank- All
BSS- All
A&LERT, NMS, Mosby?s- as much as possible

PHASE IV: USMLE ANNIHILATOR
June 10-25 (2 weeks)
Approximate study time available: 144 hours
Goals: HY biostats- All
HY embryo- All
HY cell and molecular- All
Additional Q?s from various sources
MRS USMLE Step 1 Revisited
Gold Standard Revisited:
Biochem
Biostats
First Aid Final Review

I know this sounds totally insane, and there's no way in hell I can actually do it all......but if I can even get most of it done I think I'll be good.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that seems like WAY too many resources. Are you really going to be able to get through all of that? I'm taking the approach that it's better to know fewer (key) resources, but know them very well. Some of the books you have listed seem redundant or just overkill.

But, what do I know, I'm in the same position as you.

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

there are no words to describe the insanity of that schedule.

no offense

I've seen a lot of schedules on here that were above and beyond anything I could ever do, but that schedule is ridiculous.

My favorite part is in phase 3...where among about 20 other things you are going to complete all of BSS, Qbank, WebPath, and Robbins Review. Dude, that is almost 8,000 questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hihihi
I've seen a lot of schedules on here that were above and beyond anything I could ever do, but that schedule is ridiculous.

My favorite part is in phase 3...where among about 20 other things you are going to complete all of BSS, Qbank, WebPath, and Robbins Review. Dude, that is almost 8,000 questions.

Actually I've already worked through Robbins review and Web-path. I'm just going to hit them again-real quick.

Yeah getting through all of BSS and all the other stuff is likely impossible, and the review books are meant more to study my own particular weak areas and supplement my doing questions--except HY series which I plan on reading cover to cover.

I'm NOT a gunner--hence the overcompensation!

I'm one crazy mo-fo.

:laugh: